Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2015 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 022015

I drove this rental car and parked it inside my detached garage at 7:30 pm. I neglected to push the start/stop button upon exiting the car. Consequently, the car continued to run. At 10:30 pm, needing a tool, I went back and opened the garage door. A rush of hot air hit me in the face. To my horror, I realized that I did not shut the car off. Garage temperature had to be about 120 degrees. Who knows what could have happened, had the car run all night. I think there's a simple easy inexpensive fix to this. Solution:require all auto manufacturers, utilizing the keyless ignition option, to, mandatoraly, equip all vehicles with an automatic shut off if a car idles in park (transmission sellection) for more than 20 minutes. This safety option should not be able to be over ridden by customer. I'm just thankful that my garage was detached. Carbon monoxide deaths via keyless ignition are easily avoidable.

- Cleveland Heights, OH, USA