Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2015 Nissan Altima drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 192014

I was driving my 2015 Nissan Altima on the road and there was heavy traffic so it was sort of stop and go and lots of idling. Each time I pressed on the gas, it seems the car hesitated to go. After I got to my destination, I then drove onto interstate 85 in gastonia, North Carolina and the car started making a loud whistling noise and would not accelerate. The drive shaft also started shaking really bad. The car stalled as I was driving on the interstate and I was able to pull off and the car coasted off the highway. The car stopped on me. I attempted to contact the dealership that I purchased the car to get direction on what to do and they wouldn't speak to me or return my calls. I ended up calling Nissan roadside assistance in re the car. The guy asked for my VIN # and I gave it to him and he immediately asked if my car's engine stalled on me. I advised that it did in the midst of my driving with my children on an interstate. He advised they would send a tow truck to get my car but there wasn't anything he could do for me to have transportation and I'd have to speak with the nearest dealership to see if they could provide a loaner. The dealership ended up diagnosing this as a bad transmission in this brand new car. I wanted to know how the roadside assistance guy knew that this car had stalled on me prior to me explaining the problem. The dealership that repaired it also asked me if I had had this problem 3 times prior. I had not. When I purchased the car it had 101 miles on it and I believe this car had problems that they were aware of and they sold it to me anyway. I requested a replacement vehicle from Nissan Consumer Affairs B/C I have no confidence in this car as it was a new car with a bad transmission and I do not trust it's safety for myself and my children. I believe that this is not a one time thing and this has happened previously.

- Charlotte , NC, USA