CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

7.4

2015 Nissan Altima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Aug 152015

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the low beam headlamps were dim. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they adjusted the lights however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 7. updated 08/16/16 the consumer stated it was difficult to drive at night, with just using the low beam headlights. Updated 10/17/8/16.

- Hot Springs, VA, USA

Apr 022016

Altima

I recently switched from an Audi A6, which uses hid bulbs to a 2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 L. this model uses halogen bulbs, as I have discovered. I was driving at night during the first week of owning the Nissan and had poor visibility of the road. I was driving slowly toward a stoplight and could not see the small strip of median to my left as I was coming to the stoplight. I hit it, and the sidewall in the passenger-side tire blew out. I later looked up the vehicle safety report on this model and I see that it received a "poor" under the "headlights" section of the iihs website. See: www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/V/Nissan/Altima-4-door-sedan/2015 I feel very unsafe in this car. I have not had any such collision with a median or otherwise in over ten years. I just can't see at night with this new car.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Sep 022015

Altima

Low beam headlights dangerously low light levels while driving during night time conditions. High beams are almost always used to drive at night, as the cars low beams are unfit to drive. Contacted manufacturer, supposedly did an investigation with the dealer. They didn't even contact the correct dealer about the headlight issue.

- St. Cloud, FL, USA