CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2015 Nissan Altima wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 022016

Altima

Nissan dealer performed tire rotation after that TPMS light strart to show up, tire pressure was 33psi acording to Nissan dealer, Nissan manual was 30psi. The error continue nissa asume that light showed up in every car when is cold so I shouldnt be worry. I told them so annoyed that I am with the light because if later on I have an problem I wouldnt know. I asked them to check the sesnor reset or check the tires. They wont do anything they dont listen to what I told them.the light will show up when the vehicle is in movement and stay for a few hours and disapper and will show up again.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Apr 022016

Altima

I recently switched from an Audi A6, which uses hid bulbs to a 2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 L. this model uses halogen bulbs, as I have discovered. I was driving at night during the first week of owning the Nissan and had poor visibility of the road. I was driving slowly toward a stoplight and could not see the small strip of median to my left as I was coming to the stoplight. I hit it, and the sidewall in the passenger-side tire blew out. I later looked up the vehicle safety report on this model and I see that it received a "poor" under the "headlights" section of the iihs website. See: www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/V/Nissan/Altima-4-door-sedan/2015 I feel very unsafe in this car. I have not had any such collision with a median or otherwise in over ten years. I just can't see at night with this new car.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Dec 242015

Altima

I feel while I'm driving the car want to go left or feel like it's about to loose control of the car. Trouble accelerating

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 122015

Altima

The contact rented a 2015 Nissan Altima. While driving at 10 mph, the contact was unable to control the steering wheel due to the front driver side tire. The vehicle veered to the left and crashed into another vehicle. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the hands, face, wrists, and arms that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unavailable.

- Chicago, IL, USA