- February 27: 2019 Nissan Altimas Recalled For Possible Fuel Leaks recalls | 20 days ago
- February 20: 2009 Nissan Murano Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 37 days ago
- January 21: Nissan Fails in Motion to Dismiss Altima Transmission Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Altima seems relatively trouble-free at low mileage.
However with a long history of CVT transmission problems, we are reserving judgment until more of these Altimas near the typical 100,000 mile mark where the CVT transmission problems kick in.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (11 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- transmission rebuild (1 reports)