2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid:

2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Owner Comments

Oct 112014

Altima Hybrid 4-cyl

The driver side and passenger side front door actuators stopped working on my Nissan when I use my fob or the door button to open. I press the button and the door locks will only move part of the way, but will not fully lock or unlock the door. I have to put the physical key into the lock and twist to open the door. I know this is my door actuators because the exact same thing happened 4 months ago to my rear two doors. I replaced them and the doors work in the rear now, but I believe the original parts are faulty and that is why they are going out in the front. I should not have to replace them in a 5 year old car. I am a young woman living in an urban area and require swift entry in and out of my vehicle to remain safe. This is why I require use of my fob.

- Oakland, CA, USA