2004 Nissan Armada brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jul 152010

Armada 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the brake lights illuminated and the brake pedal failed to respond. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000...updated 08-25-14 the consumer stated the failure was within the delta stroke sensor. Updated 08/28/2014

- Patteville, AL, USA

Apr 012009

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the brakes where applied and an abnormal noise emitted and the brake warning lights illuminated. The failure occurred sporadically. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who could not diagnose the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 106,000.

- Woodstock , GA, USA

Jul 012014

Armada 8-cyl

I currently drive my Nissan Armada to work 3 times a week. On occasion the brake light would come on out of nowhere and as soon as I step on the brake a loud grinding and springing noise starts to take place. Luckily I was able to slow down a bit and pull over. I turned off the car and after a minute I turned it back on and it was safe to drive again. This continuously happens and I'm afraid to drive it especially if my kids are inside the car. I see over 300 complaints and yet nothing has been done. We see all these GMC recalls, yet here we are with this Armada in just about the same dangerous situation.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 032013

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated while traveling at any speed, the ABS sensor illuminated and there was a loud springing sound intermittently coming from the brakes. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician cleared the computer for the vdc code, replaced the ball bearings and the differential housing. The failure recurred. The contact had to continuously turn off the vehicle and restart it in order to reset the ABS sensor and the vdc sensor to no avail. The vehicle was to be inspected, diagnosed and repaired. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id numbers: 07E046000 (equipment). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 108,000. Pam updated 8/11/14

- Hazel Crest, IL, USA

Jun 022014

Armada 8-cyl

Yesterday I left the parking lot after work and after driving for a few minutes I noticed that the parking brake light was on. The parking brake was in the up position and the car was in drive. I have had issues with lights coming on even if nothing is wrong (tire pressure light). At the time I was traveling at a low rate of speed due to five O'clock traffic. So after getting onto the freeway the speed increased then I noticed when I depressed the brake pedal to slow down the vehicle began to shudder/shake and the brakes didn't seem to be working as they should. It was a noticeable grinding noise as well. So I continued on slowly(35mph) until I reached a point that I could stop. I checked to see if maybe I had leaking brake fluid. I saw nothing coming from under the car. I stopped the car in order to do this. Well once I got back in and started the vehicle the light was off and the brakes were working as if nothing had happened. I am concerned because I see blogs where people have had the same problem as me. What I didn't see was a recall or any acknowledgement that the Armada has a malfunction of some sort with the braking system. I have been reading about anything I can find that identifies the part or problem. So far nothing...I will be taking my Armada to the dealership to get a diagnostic just to see what if any code will match my description of the events yesterday. I am worried that I will experience brake failure altogehter.

- Chesapeake , VA, USA

Mar 282014

Armada 8-cyl

As driving I had a sudden red light when hit brakes pedal vibrated no braking and slipping, and making noises, and brake light came on, I was able to pull off the road in a parking lot and tested the brakes for about 10 mins but it was doing the same thing, I turn on and off but still, after maybe 15 mins, light when off and then I was able to drive. I got my oil change at Nissan nalley in Decatur ga. I told them what had happened and he said that the light form brake was already off, and was not going to be able to diagnosed since cpu had already deleted. Just two days ago (5/29/14)at 78K while I'm heading to park with wife and daughters it does it again, now at about 25 mph, I pulled in a street with less traffic and did the same again, don't want to drive this car anymore, as im worried it happens at a higher speed with my love ones in,

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

May 092007

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the brakes failed to engage and the brake warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that failure occurred several times and at one point the contact had to crash into a tree in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Jan 102007

Armada

On multiple occasions at a variety of speeds the brakes on the 2004 Nissan Armada seem to fail. The brake light comes on in the dash, the brake pedal then pulses like the ABS is on however the brake power is extremely diminished. The "fix" is to stop the vehicle and shut it off, sometimes for 5-10 minutes. If you do this, the brakes return to normal. Should you need to stop urgently a crash will surely result. On my Armada, this has happened about 15-20 times, I purchased it new so I'm the original and only owner. It happened to me this week. Months go by with no problem but it only takes one to cause a serious crash. Nissan needs to resolve this problem and issue a safety recall. I love this vehicle and paid alot of money for it. I would expect Nissan to recall and correct this very serious issue that hundreds if not thousands of owners are experiencing.

- Tavernier, FL, USA

Dec 012008

Armada

On many occasions while driving my Nissan Armada, upon braking, the brakes appear to be giving out. The slip brake light along with the brake light will come on. It happens quite often when it's raining, but has also happened when it's perfect weather. I haven't noticed found any recall notices, but is desperately in need of having my brakes repaired. Can't afford to have brakes repaired myself and honestly wouldn't know what to have repaired.

- Arlington, TN, USA

Apr 012007

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

On multiple occasions at a variety of speeds the brakes on the 2004 Nissan Armada seem to fail. The brake light comes on in the dash, the brake pedal then pulses like the ABS is on however the brake power is extremely diminished. The "fix" is to stop the vehicle and shut it off. If you do this, the brakes return to normal. That works if an urgent stop is not needed. Should you need to stop urgently a crash will surely result. On my Armada, this has happened about 10-15 times, I purchased it new so I'm the original and only owner. I have found multiple reports online about this same thing happening. It happened to me this week which made me research the issue a bit. Months go by with no problem but it only takes one to cause a serious crash. Nissan needs to resolve this problem and issue a safety recall.

- Lakeville, CT, USA

Feb 182004

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 15 mph, the brakes were applied and failed to respond as the brake warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that failure would recur intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be replicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000 and the current mileage was 75,600.

- Evans , GA, USA

Mar 152014

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

Applied brakes, brake light went on ABS stopped working, brakes groan. They work at 10 %. please see youtube enter Armada brake system problem. There are 100's of complaints for the exact same failure. There is a problem in the brake booster. Once you shut off the vehicle and restart it the ABS resets until the next occurrence. This has occurred many times over the years, this system failure will cause death if not addressed.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Mar 012014

Armada

On multiple occasions, when hitting the brakes, the brake light would come on. The brake pedal becomes soft and springy, lose about 50-75% of the braking power of the vehicle. I am afraid that this would happen while my wife is driving, and this may cause her to panic and have an accident.

- Spring, TX, USA

Mar 032014

Armada

My wife was driving about 30 mph in the evening and all of a sudden with no accident no fender bender or bump the side airbags deployed for no reason, shaken and scared she called me to inform me of the situation, thankfully my kids were not in the car at the time! I began to do research and found that I wasn't the only one, this airbag sensor that is bad on all Armadas were recalled except the 04 model according to Nissan customer service, so initially I was appalled, the nice lady at Nissan said that in order for me to do anything further I would have to pay for a diagnostic out of my own pocket like the other poor guy on here who paid and was out of a vehicle for about 3 weeks just to end up in a situation where they won't do anything about it after they find that the sensor states vehicle was in a roll over accident even though it wasn't!!! what are we as consumers to do in a bad situation like this? car has about 137766 miles driven.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Nov 142012

Armada

Brake lights came on and when I hit the brakes, they made a springy noise and went to the floor. We ran off the road on the interstate because traffic was backed up and slow and was afraid I was going to hit the car in front of me. No damage to any vehicle other than one of my tires blowing due to the rough terrain.

- Franklin, IN, USA

Feb 172014

Armada

I was pulling out of the gas station, when I applied the brake it began making a popping sound, the pedal went all the way to the floor and brake light came on. It almost caused an accident. I pulled over turned it off then turned it back on and the brake light went off. I was able to drive home with no other issues. Today I was backing out of the driveway and the same thing happened. There is something wrong with the brake system. I can't believe something hasn't been done with all of the similar complaints. I went to get it checked and they can't find the issue. Please look into this before a fatality occurs.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Feb 012014

Armada

Brake light came on and brakes made a springing sound and car wouldn't stop!!! it's the delta stroke sensor and this is not first complaint. These vehicles need to be recalled. They R a death trap!!! someone is gonna be seriously hurt or killed!

- Lexington, SC, USA

Jan 092014

Armada 8-cyl

Driving on surface streets going approximately 35 mph when a thud sound came from under the car and the brakes when pressed screetched and were mushy and not effectively stopping the car, in addition the parking brake light on the dash light up but was not engaged. I was able to pull to the side of the road and come to a stop by repeatily lightly pushing on the brake and just letting the momentum of the car die down. Once stopped I turned off the car and looked under the car for any sign of damage or leaks and popped the hood of the car to do the same. Found no evidance of any damage or problems. When I turned on the car the light on the dash was off and the brakes when pressed became hard and no sound came from the brakes and the brakes worked as they should.

- Fresno , CA, USA

Dec 032013

Armada

Amazing how many complaints on the Armadas "without warning" brake failure and yet still no investigation" is it because of the class action suit against Nissan for this very thing? are you not responsible for the safety of people" I thought that was the purpose of this organization. Disappointing that you are still waiting for someone to die before anything is done.

- Helendale, CA, USA

Dec 012013

Armada

Wife was driving on dry pavement, approaching turn. Brakes gave a grinding sound and failed almost completely. She was barely able to make the turn and enter a parking lot where it eventually slowed to a stop.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA