2004 Nissan Armada brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced failures with starting, violent vibrations, and jerking. In addition, an abnormal noise was heard coming from the vehicle and the brakes failed to operate. The contact stated that the brake and tipm warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake lights needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 200,000.

- Shepardsville, KY, USA

Armada

Brakes, at about 65mph car shakes violently, tv in the middle sounds like its falling out, engine turning over but not starting

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA

Armada

Bought a 2004 Nissan Armada 08/08/2016 the second day I had to go to the dealers and pay close to 4xx to have a computer hooked up to it because my brake light came on and didnt have any brakes, it then happened the second week of owning the vehicle, called Nissan North America at first I was told I would be reimbursed and my problem fixed then was told its out of warranty. Regardless it was not my fault Nissan does not no how to make vehicle or fix there fauly problems. Then today I went out to start my truck and it will turn over all day long but will not start, I have a 2 year old special needs child and was heading to get his medication which can be very serious if hes without, contacted nna yet again with no luck. On top of the list of other problems iv had with this vehicle.

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA

Jun 012015

Armada

Truck makes grinding noise and wont stop I eas deiving it in the highway. Brake ligths and check engine came on..tok it to check the check engine and it says code C1179 delta S sensor. I have been doing some research and look like there is a lot of complains regarding this issue..please help is my wife and kid daily truck.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Aug 082007

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the fuel gauge did not register the correct amount of fuel in the vehicle. The vehicle stalled while registering 1/4 of a tank. In addition, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate and the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when depressed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or independent mechanic for the acceleration or fuel gauge issues. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the brake pedal issue; however, the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 203,000. Updated 09/28/16

- Lockport, IL, USA

Sep 172013

Armada

Alot of times while pressing the brakes you here a noise, scrubbing, brake pads goes to the bottom of the floor, lights come on and unable to stop properly have to turn the car off to get the lights to go away this could cause serious problems being unable to stop

- Lakeland, FL, USA

May 252016

Armada

When you're driving, the car suddenly stops for 5 seconds the breaks to stop it constantly not to, one day we went to big bear and star down to fail and we will not put much attention after we arriived and we try to take to Nissan in los angeles but now the car if you ar driving the car stop or you push the break to stop and dont work to stop, in the freweey not stop the break for little distancie crash went the other car.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

May 232016

Armada

I was driving about 30 mph on a city street and step on the brakes when approaching a stop sign. The brake pedal felt real soft and I could hear a grinding sound coming from the brakes and the ABS and vdc lights came on. I had to pull off the road, turn the vehicle off and on again a couple of times before I could continue driving. This has happened to my wife and I 13 times.

- Albany, OR, USA

May 082016

Armada

Drive in parking lot with slow speed. Red break light is suddenly on then the grinding sound is occurred. If try to touch the break, you feel it is difficult to response. It seems the break is engaged. It will be back to normal when you turn off the engine then turn it on. The red "break" light is off then back to normal. No any beak oil leaking. Go garage to check the odb2 code and there is no any error code for it. It seems the break booster gets messed up and no code recording for 2004 Armada. It is safety issue that the break will engage randomly. It is lucky that it happens in the parking lot with almost stop speed. It will be terrible when it happen in the high way.

- Hacienda Hts., CA, USA

Apr 292016

Armada

I have a 2004 Nissan Armada and had the brake light come on yesterday followed by the limited braking, shuttering and pulsing of the brake pedal.. this is my third incident, it happen in year 2014, 2015 and Apr 29 2016. After turn the car off and restart it, the brake light goes off then stops normally again. I have brought my Armada to Nissan dealership in coon rapid mn. They charged me 130$ (diagnostic fee) and no problem solved. After research on internet after my third incident, I learned that thousands of people have experienced the same problem. There was a class action pending on this issues in state of California. Why Nissan is ignoring this problem?. we are scared to drive this vehicle now, I have spent 40K to purchase this vehicle back in 2004. Please someone help resolve this issue.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Mar 212016

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. While driving at various highway speeds, the brake warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel and the brakes made a grinding noise. There was a decrease in stopping power when the brakes were applied. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake booster failed and would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Feb 022016

Armada

Issue is the brake booster and delta sensor. Truck has 85000 miles on it. The brakes keep failing, and you need to pull over, and restart the truck to get going again, sometimes several times. Nissan has looked at it, but won't do anything unless they witness it. Or they read the code.however, when you shut off the engine to clear brakes, and it clears the code. This is a dangerous situation, and needs to be addressed.

- Belvidere, IL, USA

Nov 102015

Armada

While driving and reaching either a stop light or stop sign or coming to a stop when applying the brakes the pedal depresses to the floor and the brakes grind it will continue to do that until you turn the car off and turn it back on. It has occured since the purchase of the vehicle Oct 2014.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 032015

Armada

Doesn't matter the speed of the vehicle, brakes tend to press to the floor, grinding noise and the only way to stop this is to pull over the vehicle, turn off the ignition and restart it. It randomly happens, but I am very concerned that if and when I tow or am on the highway, I don't won't my brakes to not work. Could kill me...

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jul 012013

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. While at a stop sign, the brake lights illuminated and the vehicle made a loud grinding noise until the vehicle was restarted. In addition, the contact stated that the brake pedal traveled to the floor when depressed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was not provided. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Dunbar, WV, USA

Jul 022013

Armada

I have had an issue with brakes and lights coming on that says vdo, antilock etc: When driving the SUV at lower speeds and you try to apply the brakes the whole front end starts shaking and grinding and it is impossible to stop. I have replaced brakes, rotors, wheel hub bearings and still have this problem. It is scary when you can't stop a 7,000lb vehicle! I am in fear of an accident. I have read of others having the same problem. Sometimes when running hyw speeds a lot of lights come on and dingers and this has been happening since I bought the Armada. I want to know what Nissan is gonna do about this problem cause it seems I am not the only one having these issues. I have already had to replace the right rear hub assembly 2 times and they are not cheap. I feel Nissan does not want admit they have a problem. I think this needs to be a recall. Since I have had this vehicle I have not received anything from Nissan to address these issues. I pray they will recognize and see to it that these things are fixed and help us the consumer feel safe driving down the highway. I have 3 young children who ride in this Armada. Please help !!

- Summertown, TN, USA

Sep 082015

Armada

Brake light comes on and the vehicle makes a grinding sound when trying to slow the vehicle. Braking is impaired. Restarting the vehicle makes the problem go away.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Aug 312015

Armada

The brakes went completely to the floor and the brake lights came on. Had to pump brakes while backing out of driveway to stop. Shut car off and let sit. Restarted car and brake lights went off. Was able to brake again but brakes felt soft. Has brand new brake pads from approximately 2K miles earlier. Took to mast body shot. Paid $90 for diagnostic. C1179 code error was listed in malfunction for delta stroke sensational fault. Recommendation was take to Nissan dealership for possible update in software. Mast service 574_546 2155 did not have expertise to fix issue. Code was not currently malfunctioning at service center. Probably reset when restarting vehicle but diagnostic still had error code in memory.

- Bremen, IN, USA

Jun 232015

Armada

We are having a brake issue that is very random. So far it has happened at low speeds. When it happens the break pedal will get very soft and the ABS will activate along with the break light on the dash. When you turn the Armada off and restart everything resets and is normal. We have already replaced the brake booster, master cylinder, and had the computer reprogrammed. This problem has not been resolved by Nissan, all they say is all the parts have been replaced and or reprogrammed so unless it can be duplicated there is nothing that can be done. This is very disappointing they are suppose to be reliable. We are also surprised that this has not been a recall because of safety

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jun 012015

Armada

I'm having brake problems with MY2004 Armada.I turn the car on and the brake light coms on the brakes make grinding noise I turn the car off then back on and the brakes reset Nissan service department said they can T find the problem because there is no code please address this issue and have a recall

- New Britain, CT, USA