$3,500.00

2. recall (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Armada engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Jul 042012

Armada

This is not the first nor will it be the last complaint reported, insurance pays out the nose to repair. However Nissan will not do a recall. Shame on them.

- , Farmington, N.M, USA

Apr 062013

Armada Off Road

THIS IS THE SECOND OF 2 OCCURANCES WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WITHIN A 3 MONTH PERIOD WITH MY 2004 NISSAN ARMADA VIN# 5N1AA08B94N717976

I was pulling up in front of my son’s friend’s house to drop him off. My foot was on the brake and I was almost stopped when the car suddenly accelerated forward and hit a Chevy truck that was parked in front of me.

It lunged forward with such force it pushed the truck forward about 4 feet and the front passenger tire ended up on the curb. There is a lot of damage to the back of the truck and the frame, and an adjuster came to my house and said just looking at the car in the driveway the damage to my Armada is $3500 but when they actually drive it and get inside he is sure it will be more.

This is the second incident within a 3 month time period and a previous complaint has been filed on this site. On 1/8/13 while my daughter was pulling into a parking space in a parking garage the car suddenly accelerated and she crashed into a wall. I figured it was a fluke thing and paid my $1000 deductible and they repaired the $8500 worth of damage.

I am very concerned because if I would have been slowing down for someone at a crosswalk I would have ran them over. I have a complaint into Nissan since this is the second time in 3 months that this has happened. I dont ever want to drive this car again and will not put myself, my family or other innocent people in danger as something is horribly wrong with this car. Nissan gave me a case number and I was told a Regional Specialist would call me back within 48 hours. It has been 3 days and so far I have not heard anything back.

This is a very serious problem and we have since found hundreds of other postings of people with Nissans having "sudden accelerataion" or "untintended acceleration" issues. So far the damage just seems to be to the vehicles and minor injuries to the drivers so Nissan doesnt appear to have taken this serious. Something needs to be done before someone is killed.

- , Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 082013

Armada Off Road

THIS IS THE FIRST OF 2 OCCURANCES WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WITHIN A 3 MONTH PERIOD WITH MY 2004 NISSAN ARMADA VIN# 5N1AA08B94N717976

On 1/8/13 while my daughter was pulling into a parking space in a parking garage the car suddenly accelerated and she crashed into a wall. There were several people in the car who all said her foot was on the brake and the car still lunged forward and would not stop. I figured it was a fluke thing and was just glad everyone was OK. I paid my $1000 deductible and they repaired the $8500 worth of damage to the front end of my car. The same thing happened 3 months later while I was driving the car and I am filing a 2nd complaint for that occurance.

- , Irvine, CA, USA