2004 Nissan Armada engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Aug 082007

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the fuel gauge did not register the correct amount of fuel in the vehicle. The vehicle stalled while registering 1/4 of a tank. In addition, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate and the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when depressed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or independent mechanic for the acceleration or fuel gauge issues. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the brake pedal issue; however, the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 203,000.

- Lockport, IL, USA

Nov 122013

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

I was approaching an intersection with a stop light what was red. There were 4 cars ahead of me. When I applied the brakes, my feet also hit the accelerator pedal at the same time. The car jumped forward and hit the car in front of me and also pushed it into another car resulting in a multi car accident. My car sustained minor damage but two of the other cars had significant damage. This was the second time that this occurred to me with this vehicle. The other time was a similar situation where I was approaching a stop sign. Fortunately, no one was in front of me. In both incidents, I was wearing western style boots. But it could have easily happened with work boots. I believe that the placement of the brake pedal is too close to the accelerator pedal. This vehicle also has adjustable brake pedals, which could also be a contributing factor.

- Belton, MO, USA

Apr 062013

Car involved is a 2004 Nissan Armada. I was pulling up in front of my son's friend's house to drop him off. My foot was on the brake and I was almost stopped when the car suddenly accelerated forward and hit a Chevy truck that was parked in front of me. It lunged forward with such force it pushed the truck forward about 4 feet and the front passenger tire ended up on the curb. There is a lot of damage to both cars. This is the second incident within a 3 month time period. On 1/8/13 while my daughter was pulling into a parking space in a parking garage the car suddenly accelerated and she crashed into a wall. I figured it was a fluke thing and paid my $1000 deductible and they repaired the $8500 worth of damage. I am very concerned because if I would have been slowing down for someone at a crosswalk I would have ran them over. I have a complaint into Nissan since this is the second time in 3 months that this has happened. I dont ever want to drive this car again and will not put myself, my family or other innocent people in danger as something is horrible wrong with this car. Nissan gave me a case number and I was told someone would call me back. It has been 48 hours and so far I have not heard back.

- Irvine, CA, USA

May 112010

Brakes on SUV have failed to work as designed on multiple occasions due to non-mechanical issues. Problems may stem from electrical or sensor issues. The brake light indicator displays on the dashboard and the SUV automatically locks up the brakes. The problems has been duplicated with a repair technician but they cannot find the source of the problem.

- Mason, OH, USA

May 042010

Armada 8-cyl

While exiting the freeway, going approx. 45 mph the brakes on my 2004 Nissan Armada completely went out. When I pressed on the brake pedal I heard an awful grinding noise and the felt a vibration throughout the car and the pedal just went to the floor. The 'brake' light lit up on the dash and the emergency brake pedal moved 4-5 inches upwards from its normal position. This was the first time my brakes have completely gone out. I wasn't stopping and narrowly missed plowing into the back of a delivery truck. I was able to pull over at a safe place and call a tow truck- it was towed to a Nissan dealership. According to the dealer, my brake booster assembly was defective and they would replace it to the tune of $1300. It is still at the dealership being repaired. I reported this to Nissan hq on 5/6/2010 as well. I had 2 kids in the car with me at the time and this was an extremely terrifying event! the consumer stated the dealer informed her the vehicle needed a new brake booster assembly. The consumer stated there have been no other failures since the brake booster was replaced. The consumer did notice there was a difference in braking ability when she applied the brake. The dealer stated there was nothing wrong. Updated 10/08/10

- Los Angeles, CA, USA