2004 Nissan Armada fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Jun 012014

Armada 8-cyl

Gas gauge does work, always stuck 1/4 even tank were empty.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Mar 142012

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving at highway speeds, the vehicle ran out of fuel and stalled. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic and the mechanic stated that the fuel gauge displayed a reading that fuel was present in the fuel tank, but the fuel tank was actually empty. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 148,000.

- Bordon Town, NJ, USA

Oct 302011

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled while driving 70 mph. The contact also stated that the fuel gauge indicated that fuel was in the fuel tank, but the fuel tank was actually empty. The contact was able to successfully start the vehicle after adding more fuel to the fuel tank. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 79,000. Updated 11/14/11

- Camby, IN, USA

Sep 152011

While driving the vehicle in rush hour traffic, the entire system shut down and the vehicle had to coast accross three lanes of traffic at a speed of 40 miles per hour. There were fou people in the vehicle, two adults and two children who were all extremely frightened by the experience. At least one vehicle traveling behind ours had to come to a fast hault just barely missing the rear end of the truck. I hd the vehicle towed by aaa because it would not start or crack up. After leaving the vehicle with my private mechanic for one day he discovered that the fuel system was not functioning properly. I then called my local Nissan dealer to explain the issue and to see if a recall had been done in regards to this issue I was told "no" and that I would have to pay to have it fixed because my extended warranty was up. I then asked if the vehicle had any recent recalls and was told no. After speaking withmy mechanic again, he told me that the vehicle had a recall but it was voluntary by the dealer and only for Nissan Armada models 2005-2008, my vehicle is a 2004 but has the exact same problem and could have killed my family.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Aug 022004

Armada 8-cyl

Fuel sending unit does not accurately indicate the fuel level. This was brought to the attention of the Nissan service dept in henderson Nevada when the car was new and with every vehicle service or repair since - most recently in June 2011. I was initially told it was normal due the type of fuel indicator. Now I see there are recalls on other Nissan Armadas but different years and on other Nissan models. This could create a serious safety issue if I am unable to detect my fuel level accurately. Nissan refuses to stand behind their vehicles. They know it is a problem in their vehicles and will honor a replacement on some vehicles but not others.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Apr 012005

Armada 8-cyl

Fuel sending unit does not accurately indicate fuel level- this was reported when the vehicle was new - estimated date above. Was told by dealer it was not a problem. Nissan is recalling on other models and on the Armada but only on specific years but not the 2004. This could be a potentially dangerous situation if I run out of gas and the gauge is still reading that there is gas.

- Hull, GA, USA

Sep 122010

I attempted to place fuel in my 2004 Nissan Armada and was drenched with gasoline that backed up out the opening where the gas hose was inserted. This was unexpected and I smelled of gasoline all was on my skin and clothing.this was dangerous and I am concerned about long term effects on my health. My gas tank was not full as it was 1/4 full when I tried to obtain gas. I was only able to get $20 dollars worth of gas and the gas backed up and spilled on me. I heard a click as if the tank was full, however it was not full. I also hear a hissing sound when I open the gas cap.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Jul 082010

Everytime I fill up my gas on 2004 Armada the fuel gauge only shows 3/4 full not full.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 222010

Our 2004 Nissan Armada le has always had a problem with the fuel gauge not reading correctly. Even after filling up, it never reads full, or even when less than 1/4 tank, the fuel gauge will read at half or more. Then it will drastically drop from the 1/2 tank marker down to empty. Nissan has issued a recall for the fuel sending unit but have omitted the 2004-2005 Nissan Armadas even though the problem with this fuel sending unit has been notorious for these models. Nissan and its affiliate service depts are refusing to acknowledge the problem knowingly it exists.

- Hollis, NY, USA