1.8

2005 Nissan Armada brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Armada:

2005 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Mar 262013

Armada 8-cyl

I have had a braking problem with my Nissan Armada for years & years. When driving, the brake light on the dash will come on & when you apply the brakes it will make a grinding noise & barely stop. Yesterday, while I was driving 68 mph in the fast lane on the freeway the brake light, vdc light & slip light randomly came on the dash, I had not applied the brakes. I have included a picture of my dash yesterday when this occurred. I knew from experience that I now had compromised braking so I quickly pulled over to the right & got off the freeway at the first exit. My car slowly ground to a stop. It took a much longer distance to stop than it should have. As always, when you turn the car off & restart, it resets, and the brakes work again. Whenever I have taken the car in & mentioned this problem they always act as if they have never heard of this problem before. The first time I experienced this was probably when the car was 2 years old & it has happened intermittently throughout the years, probably about 5 to 10 times a year. Nissan must be aware of this problem, it is all over the internet if you investigate. Updated 06/17/13

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Jun 172009

Armada

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada and the brakes have been giving me problems since I bought the SUV. Initially it was only warped rotors and excessive brake pad wear, but now the brakes have nearly failed on me three times. When I applied the brakes, it appears that the anti-lock brakes kick in, the brake pedal depresses further, and a loud groaning noise can be heard emanating from the brakes. This problem has occurred three times in the rain under very moderate braking condition (parking lot conditions) and when the parking brake has been used due to parking on a hill. When the event occurs the parking light, the slip, and vdc lights comes on.

- Lincoln University, PA, USA