2005 Nissan Armada engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Armada:

2005 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

May 122014

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle went in to limp mode. In addition, the contact stated that the coolant from the radiator leaked in to the transmission and the transmission failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was towed to the contacts residence. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 132,000.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Aug 012016

I've called sterling mccall Nissan of houston in fort bend county (281)243-8989. I have been waiting for two weeks for the recall parts to come in. Why does it take so long for parts to come in. I'm told that there is no estimated time of arrive which is ridiculous. Thanks, shawn martell, 832-687-7931

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 222016

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer diagnosed that the exhaust manifold fractured and caused the air fuel sensor to place the vehicle in limp mode. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 91,227.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Aug 092015

While I was driving brakes donot work I almost crash, to traumatic.

- Hughson Ca, CA, USA

Dec 272011

Armada 8-cyl

I was driving down an interstate with my wife and 3 children at 75 mph. All of a sudden the car stalled and died. Power steering was lost and the vehicle quickly decelerated. I was able to flash the car behind me so we were not rear-ended and then we coasted to the side of the road. We had the vehicle towed to a local repair shop who told us about the current NHTSA campaign #10V517000. In the meantime my wife looked on some message boards and people reported a fuel tank problem on the Armadas, where the fuel guage shows there is 1/4 of a tank of gas when in reality it is empty. We put some gas in the tank and it started up. We took the vehicle to Nissan dealership and they replaced the ECM relay recall, but said the fuel switch (NHTSA # 10V07400) was VIN specific and we had to pay out of pocket. I believe our vehicle should be a part of this recall and Nissan should reimburse us for these repair costs.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Dec 122012

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, he heard a loud bang and the rear of the vehicle became unstable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the radiator and transmission would need to be replaced. Additionally, the contact stated that anti-freeze was leaking into the transmission. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Jan 292013

Armada 8-cyl

Problem with car accelerating spontaneously when brake booster sensor fails at random times. Initial problem with brake peddle going soft and the anti-lock braking system gets activated when braking trying to do standard braking. The brake light turns on, the peddle goes to the floor, brakes are not normal and very touchy and the car shudders viciously to a stop while. Loud noise is scary while brakes not firing in the usual peddle position and feel like mush. Now in January a new situation started occurring when the brake booster would fail is that the Armada would also accelerate the engine on pressing the brake. I went to stop my Armada's and the engine surged its rpms while the anti-lock relays were firing. I stood on the brake peddle with my every muscle in my body to try to get the Nissan Armada to stop. I could not shift the car into neutral because the shifting lock seemed to engaged. I ended up turning off the engine and was able to stop. I called Nissan America to report this issue. Also stopped by the local Nissan dealership and service manage informed me that the braking issue was caused by the delta sensor in the brake booster and was a know issue but that this was the first time he heard about the spontaneous acceleration when applying the brakes at low speed and that he only had heard about the spontaneous acceleration when applying the brakes at higher speeds. He said this was caused also by the delta sensor in the brake booster. I think I understood him in saying that when this sensor fails it allows the booster to inject air into the intake that causes the car to accelerate. I replaced my brake booster yesterday to find today that my Armada has the same deadly issue! please have Nissan fix this known safety issue!

- Birmingham, AL, USA