2005 Nissan Armada seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Armada:

2005 Nissan Armada Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 052015

The driver side airbag is not working due to a faulty harness assembly. The fuel gauge does not measure fuel accurately. The ABS brake light comes on and the brakes stop working while you are driving. Nissan refuses to fix the issues without us paying over 3 grand even though these items were recalled on other Nissan but there is no recall on this particular Nissan. This Nissan needs to be added to the recalls. We bought the car 5 months ago from go automotive and they also refused to fix the issues.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Apr 012016

The air bag light was flashing so I took my 2005 Armada to the dealership to find out the reason. The dealer is charging me about $500 to replace the harness. They said the air bag may not deploy if I am involved in an accident. Also, I've had two instances where my brakes got jammed and made a loud noise when I stopped at a stop sign.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

May 232013

Brake booster malfunctions during normal driving causing unsafe breaking. Brakes almost lock up when pedal is depressed. You have to pull off the road, turn truck off and back on to work, and sometimes you have to do 2 or 3 times. Dealer wants $1K to fix booster and from what I have read, it does not always work fuel gauge malfunctioned, ran out of gas 2 times when gauge still shows 1/4 tank. This is a recall on newer vehicles but mine is a 2005. Airbag light is on and dealer states needs replacing

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Jun 032013

The instrument panel fuel gauge inaccurately displays that the vehicle still has some fuel, about one quarter tank, when the fuel tank is empty. The vehicle stop working on several occasions while I was driving on the road with my family in the truck. I did not now that it was because of the gas. Fortunately no-one was hurt but it could have produced a series car crash also, passenger airbag light comes on so dealer had to change the old one

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 032015

I now have $450 auto repair bill because of a defective airbag that will not inflate if I were to have an accident. I also own a 2003 Nissan pathfinder that had a recall issued for an airbag problem. Very disappointed the Armada was not part of a recall

- Lowell, MI, USA

Aug 012014

I got this vehicle around Dec 2013. I had them fix the air bag light because it is going on and off. Dealership is hudson Nissan. Fixed the harness. August 2014, I had the same problem fixed thru freehold Nissan. Now, July 2015, I have the same problem again but I am out of warranty. I asked Nissan corporate to look into the matter and if they can fix it for me without any fee because I felt this is not a moving part and the problem is persistent. This is a safety issue because I don't know if the air bag will engage upon an accident. Nissan corporate declined to fix it for free. Im just afraid that even if I have it repaired and pay for it, the same thing will happen after a while. Pls look into it.

- Old Bridge, NJ, USA

Feb 112014

Air bag light flashing. Dealer charged $130 for diagnostics to say $460 harness needed to be replaced based on bulletin ntb06-001. Not repairing could cause injury or death to passenger as bag may not deploy.

- Perris, CA, USA

Jun 012012

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. The contact stated while driving the brake lights illuminated without warning and the brake system failed to engage. The contact had to coast onto the emergency lane. The failure was experienced numerous times. The brake system returned to normal function after the vehicle was restarted. The vehicle also experienced a failure with lost of acceleration, the air bag warning light illuminated, the drivers side door and the rear hatch door failed to lock electronically. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 118,000 and the current mileage was 129,000.

- Carencro, LA, USA

Oct 012012

Armada 8-cyl

Warning light for airbags started blinking. Took the vehicle to the Nissan dealer in college station tx. The dealer ran a computer diagnostic. Was told that the passenger side airbag would not activate in the event of an accident. To repair the problem, the "harness" from the airbag to the computer controller had to be replace for $500+. I was told that this dealership has replaced a "number" of these airbag harnesses. I have not yet repaired the problem. The warning light continues to blink; and my passengers are at severe safety risk if there is an accident. This is a safety issue resulting from a design flaw.

Sep 072012

Armada 8-cyl

Airbag warning light in instrument panel came on. I took the Armada to douglass Nissan in college station, tx. A "computer" check was run, and I was told that the airbags would not activate in the event of an accident with the Armada, and to correct this, a "harness" that goes from the passenger seatbelts/seat weight bag to the airbags serving this area had to be replaced at a cost of $459. The service rep advised me that "a number" of Nissan's vehicles have had to be "repaired" to fix this safety problem. I asked if there was a safety campaign of any kind for the problem and was told no. I am 71 years old, have owned a number of automobiles, and have never had this problem. I have not had the repair made, because of the cost ($459 + the $50 I have already paid to run the computer check). Surely there is a safety campaign on Nissan's faulty airbags"??"

Sep 072012

Air bag default warning on instrument panel. 2005 Nissan Armada. Dealer says air bags will not work unless an interior harness from airbag/seat weight cushion/computer is replaced. Dealer says they have replaced "a bunch" of them on Nissan Armadas. Cost is $459 and air bags won't work until it is replaced. Dealer says Nissan does not have a safety/warranty campaign on this faulty item. Dealer is "douglas Nissan" in college station tx.

May 312011

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

My 2005 Nissan Armada has experienced an airbag system failure due to 'connector' issues affecting both the driver's and passenger's side seats. Nissan is aware of this defect and has even issued technical service bulletin ntb06-001 regarding the defect. Nissan is failing to stand behind their product, despite the fact that it is a safety related defect which renders the airbags inoperable. As a result I am having to pay out-of-pocket $650 for repairs.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

May 292011

Armada 8-cyl

My 2005 Nissan Armada's air bag SRS system is inoperable. The dashboard light indicated a failure of the airbag system while the vehicle was under warranty and I thought it was repaired after several instances. I have taken the vehicle to several mechanics to have the SRS system repaired. Nissan claimed it has been everything from the seatbelt tensioners, sensor modules under the seats to bad electrical connectors. All of these components have been replaced but my dash lights show I still have inoperative airbags. The SRS system on my Armada is currently in failure again and I cannot afford to pay Nissan again to attempt to repair the problem. I also have a second issue with the ABS brakes activating randomly during normal slow speed stops in which the brakes shake violently and with little stopping force. It seems the ABS system is activating under light operational conditions. This has been a re-occurring problem each summer. Nissan cannot duplicate the problem so I have been sent home without remedy. I am complaining because I have no other recourse except to warn others before someone is seriously hurt or killed through the failure of the brakes or the airbags. I am the original owner and the vehicle has not been modified in any manner.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jul 212006

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. The contact started the vehicle and the air bag warning light was illuminating on the dashboard. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the vehicle was repaired. The failure had since recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken back to an authorized dealer approximately seven times where it was repaired yet the failure persisted. The failure mileage was 32,000 and the current mileage was 105,000.

- Plaquemine, LA, USA

May 012010

We purchased a 2005 Armada with 50,000 miles on it in 2009, at that time the dealer sold it to us with the airbags system showing the warning light solid. They asked for us to take it to a nearby Nissan dealer and get the problem looked at because they were a Saab dealer. The Nissan dealer fixed the problem without notifying us of a cost. This action was a cost of $330 which I asked them to take the part out because they did not have the Saab dealers authorization. This dealership told me Nissan honored the work and warranty. We did not pay a dime. Now the same light is now flashing on the dash since 72000 miles. I still have a gold warranty on the vehicle but this restraint is not covered. If this is a common problem and causes system failure on the airbags why aren't they recalling it?

- Round Lake, IL, USA

Jul 012005

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the air bag service light would intermittently illuminate on the dashboard. This failure has occurred three times and was serviced at an authorized dealer on each occasion. The dealer informed the contact that the air bag sensor had failed. The failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 75,576.

- Coalinga, CA, USA

Mar 282008

I was driving my Nissan 05 Armada down the road going app. 40 an hour when the left side airbag deployed then the next side 4 airbags deployed for no reason.

- Parker, CO, USA

Feb 092009

Armada 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Armada. While driving approximately 35 mph on normal road conditions, the brake, vdc, slip, air bag, and tire pressure warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. Suddenly, a chime sounded inside the passenger compartment and automatically stopped without assistance. In addition, the contact smelled a burning odor inside the vehicle the day before the failure. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they stated that the failure was related to the air bag harness. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 11,293. Updated 10/21/10. The consumer stated the brake, vdc, slip, air bag and tire pressure warning lights illuminated and have done so repeatedly. Updated 10/26/10

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Dec 072008

Drive my Nissan Armada on 12/7/08 and the airbag light comes on with the flashing SRS light. I have the extended warranty so I take it to dealership. Dealership tells me it's the sensor and that it would be $385 to fix and it's not covered under my warranty as it's an electrical component. So I do some research and see that this is a problem with 2005 Armadas (which mine is an 05) and that there is a voluntary service bulletin issued which states that there is a known defect and that some dealerships are fixing at their discretion free of charge. I call the Nissan hotline (1-800-nissan1) and issue a complaint. No one could help me, the last person I spoke to was the regional specialist. I say this is a known manufacture defect and that customers should not be held responsible for the manufactures mistake. So in the mean time, we contact our local dealership, again. Speak with service manager, he says that if there was a collision the airbag will not deploy, but there is nothing that can be done because my vehicle's VIN number doesn't come back with any eligible recalls pertaining to that. So fast forward a week to 1/7/09, see on my local news there is a recall on Nissan trucks. I look up the recall and see it's on the 2005-2009 frontier, pathfinder, and xterra that was either purchased or registered in cold weather climates. So I call dealership, he plugs my VIN into the computer "there are no recalls on this vehicle" so I call 1-800-nissan1 again..reference my old ticket and issue a new one. "regional specialist" called back and states there is still nothing that could be done for us. In researching this, this is a common problem for 2005 Armadas, customers shouldn't be held responsible for their defect, especially if it involves the loss of the use of airbags.

- Summit Point, WV, USA

Nov 172008

2005 Nissan Armada. My airbag sensor light has turned on and remained on for no apparent reason. The vehicle has not been in an accident and was recently serviced by the local Nissan dealership about a week ago. Prior to the issue of the air bag light the braking system appears to be intermittent in stopping the SUV, which is also felt in the brake pedal while braking. I have addressed this to the dealership but they could not identify the cause. This all may or may not be related but this is very important to the safety of driving. To my knowledge similar problems are addressed in the 2007 and 2008 Nissan vehicles but nothing yet for my 05 Armada. How can you help? I would hate for these problems to be the cause of an accident one day. These complaints are very similar to others on your web site.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA