2006 Nissan Armada seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Armada:

2006 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Dec 012015

Armada

The electrical systems on the steering wheel do not work. I was informed this is due to a bad clock spring. Among the systems that do not work (radio controls, cruise control) the air bag system is not working (lights on). I wonder why there is no recall for this when one of the most important security features of the vehicle is not working.

- Toa Baja, PR, USA

Jan 012016

Armada

The light for the air bag is on and the check engine also if my car has recalls why havent I got any notice yet on these things.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Mar 152015

Armada

Air bag went off and will not deployed in case of an accident.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Armada

NHTSA service bulletin #ntb-08-055-a / #10025522 was reviewed in accordance with complaint NHTSA id number(s): 10806285,10781329 and10745373. My Nissan Armada's edr indicated an air bag issue that previously repaired as indicated on the attached invoice by modern Nissan. Another air bag issue is being seen since the November 2010 collision. Email confirmation between geico, modern Nissan and myself: From: Jim purvis [mailto:jpurvis@modernauto.com] sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:10 am to: Nicole abrams-kelly cc: Prather, michael subject: Re: Nissan vehicle damage adjustment - 2015 review good morning, I have reviewed the attachments and I am not sure what the relationship with the clock spring (aka spiral cable) and the recall letter for the ECM relay have in common. We have quoted the replacement of the clock spring and the estimate of $580 is attached, which will need to be approved by the responsible paying party. Thanks jim jim purvis parts and service director modern Nissan of lake norman 18615 statesville rd cornelius, nc 28031 704-237-5100 jpurvis@modernauto.com

Armada

Original complaints filed July 31st and October 22, 2015, respectively. A response has been received from the insurance company regarding their decision of supplemental repairs, ODI #10745373 and #10781329, as it relates to the vehicle safety determination after the collision loss in November 2010. I forwarded the dmv-349 and additional documents by mail to the NHTSA address provided previously.

Oct 292015

Armada

On two separate occasions the airbag light had been flashing when turned on and when driving. First visit to Nissan I was told it was a senor in the buckle mechanism. On the second visit was told it was an airbag electrical issue.

- Wilton, CA, USA

Oct 052015

Armada

Original ODI #10745373 - 11/19/2010 still unresolved. Review of nc dmv - 340 (rev.3/2001) with insurance company, insurance affiliated collision repair shop and Nissan of North America confirmed acknowledgment of rotor/ brake damage during repairs. The collision repair shop and (Nissan)modern service mgr. Both internally notated the issue until the claim was confirmed by a Nissan service tech (5936) on 12/21/2010 during a collision re-inspection. Front/ rear brake pad replacement has not resolved the rotor issue confirmed during 2010 repairs. Brake pads were not worn to require replacement during inspections to address concerns. The Nissan edr issue has remained unaddressed by the insurance company while Nissan has provided all warranty/ recall services for the vehicle from 2006 to the present. Geico has provided a guarantee of all losses related to collision on 12/07/2010.

Armada

An estimate of record was originated at Toyota of North charlotte after the collision. The air bags never deployed before, during or after the collision despite the multiple damages and my minor injury. There has been an on-going airbag diagnostic code that has been monitored during other general maintenance repairs that were completed. It has not been brought to my attention if the vehicle contains a defective air bag system. I am trying to obtain the Nissan part numbers/descriptions for the original airbags within my 2006 Armada. The dealership stated that they were unable to provide this data even though the vehicle was purchased, repaired and inspected at that lake norman-cornelius location.

Mar 152014

Armada

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70.

- North Miami Beach, FL, USA

Jul 052014

Armada

I hit a deer on July 5th 2014. My front bumper pushed in on my driver side wheel. Cracked my grill. Broke out a head light on driver side. Bent the driver fender and drivers door and my airbag did not deploy. A week and a half later my airbag light comes on..... I carried it to Nissan and they said it was not wreck related. Spoke with my insurance company and was told that this is a common issue with Nissan Armada. I need a reliable vehicle and I cant take the chance of traveling with hazardous restraints.. I currently have a reject sticker and I do not feel responsible for repairs.

- South Boston, VA, USA

Jul 232014

Armada 8-cyl

I was driving my 06 Nissan Armada around 45mph when a deer ran out into the road I swerved and tried to apply the brakes but like a few times before the brakes failed to work but this time I didn't have plenty of time and room to coast to a stop and shut off the engine and restart it for the brakes to work properly well having no brakes I lost control of the vehicle hitting multiple trees totaling my Armada lucky I was wearing my seat belt because none of the airbags deployed with a impact so hard it broke my collarbone where the seatbelt was I also have a head and back injury can someone please explain to me why nothing has been done about Nissan selling its customers vehicles with defective brakes and airbags and they choose to do nothing about the many many people who are complaining about the same exact problems.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 152014

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the air bag indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the code was cleared but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to an authorized dealer, who diagnosed that the air bag needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 124,000. Updated 03/17/15 updated 6/18/2015

- Ambler, PA, USA

Apr 012009

Armada

ABS system causes brakes to think they have gone out. Stops if I turn car off and restart. Also another item: Seat belts light flashes constantly even though all seat belts are fastened. I understand this interfers with the airbag deployment.

- Wharton, TX, USA