1.6

2008 Nissan Armada miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Armada:

2008 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Armada

Today I noticed a crack in my overhead console. My intentions were to take it to a Nissan dealer after I got off from work. I was in motion on a city street as I was on my way to work. I stopped at a stop light. Once the light turned green and I began to drive, the next think I know my entire console falls nearly hitting me in the face. It was a sunny day, no speed bumps or abnormal road conditions were involved.

- Lanham, MD, USA

May 272016

Armada

Emergency brake cable broke while driving on the highway and caused all the tires to lock up. When the cable broke it wrapped around the left rear axle causing that to break as well as the differential seal. We never use the E brake on this vehicle. It is very odd that the cable would just break. I feel like this is a manufacturer problem and should be looked into. Cables breaking and tires locking up could be very dangerous/ fatal. The estimated repair quote to fix this is 2325.00

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 012015

Armada

The rear overhead console became loose and fell while I was at work one day, when I came out to my vehicle the whole console was hanging by one of the wires that connects to the ac and radio in the ceiling. I have 3 young children that sit in the second seat of my vehicle where the console had fallen, thank goodness they were not sitting there that day! I had asked my mechanic to attempt to fix the console, he was not able to and suggested that I bring it to my local Nissan dealership. From the multiple complaints that I have read online regarding this issue, Nissan is not considering it a recall item.... why not"?" it is obviously a bad design, it is too big, it is not attached to the ceiling securely enough for such a big console and once the plastic becomes older and brittle.... it breaks! now, I do not have ac or lights throughout my vehicle due to the vents and lights being in the ceiling for anyone riding in the second and third seats aka my children!

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jan 092013

Armada

The rear hatch lock actuator fails in cool temperatures. This leaves the rear hatch unable to open. In the event of an accident or fire, I would be unable to get my children out of the 3rd row seating. This happens each year as soon as the temperatures drop below 50. There are numerous issues experienced by other Armada owners noted at: www.clubarmada.com/forums/archive/index.php/T-11055.html.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Jan 092012

Armada

When entering into the vehicle we noticed the front portion of the center overhead console was sagging. We opened the first compartment and the piece in which the screw is placed into to connect the console to the roof of the vehicle cracked off and had fallen off causing the console to longer be connected. Had this occurred while driving, it could have caused an accident. This is a safety issue.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Oct 312012

Armada 8-cyl

As I was driving, the entire molding around the dvd player, backseat air controls, and light fixtures came crashing down. Pieces of the molding flew everywhere.

- Picayune, MS, USA