2013 Nissan Armada brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Armada:

2013 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Oct 072013

Armada 8-cyl

I was driving along in traffic at between 30-40 miles per hour following about 3+ car links behind, I went to make an emergence stop and had very diminished braking power and ended up hitting the back of another vehicle. I had this problem before (lucky not hitting someone) and took it to my Nissan deal where I was told there are no brake problems. I have since had the problem multiple times and my dealership cannot find the problem. I have expressed to Nissan usa that the problem sounds very familiar to the reports in their open recall "tem affected: Service brakes, hydraulic:foundation components:master cylinder date announced: 10/21/2013 description of recall: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013 titan and Armada vehicles manufactured February 22, 2013, through May 3, 2013. The affected vehicles have a brake master cylinder which may intermittently reduce the pressure supplied to the front brakes. Action needed to fix it: Nissan has notified owners, and dealers will replace the master cylinder, free of charge. The recall began on October 21, 2013. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261. " Nissan says my vehicle is not affected and cannot tell me how they know my vehicle is not affected. My vehicle manufacture date is December 2012.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Sep 132013

Armada 8-cyl

Was traveling on a residential road approaching a stop sign. Attempted to apply the brakes and the pedal went straight to the floor. I pumped the brakes and turned the vehicle to the right as I went through the stop sign with very limited braking power. Luckily, no one was in the intersection and the vehicle eventually stopped on the side of the road. The brake and the vehicle dynamic control warning lights were both illuminated on the dash and I placed the vehicle in park. I pumped the brakes several times while the vehicle was in park and the pedal still went straight to the floor. I took a photo of the warning lights and contacted my dealer. I am still working through the next steps with the dealer.

- North Charleston, SC, USA