5.3

2011 Nissan Cube electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Cube:

2011 Nissan Cube Owner Comments

Sep 252015

Cube

Internal transmission failure, made a wide right turn and vehicle went into safe mode. Cvt issue... no check engine light ever came on warning for caution.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Apr 262013

Cube

On April 26, 2013 while leaving the grocery store with mom & newborn my vehicle would not start. I immediately called cerritos Nissan & asked what the warranty mileage was on there vehicles which they informed me 36K. I got my vehicle to start after several tries, and took my vehicle to Nissan and after 3 hours I was told the battery was very low & they would only be able to charge my battery. (based on Nissan warranty guidelines) my vehicle left me again that weekend on Sunday 4/28 aaa was called to jump start my vehicle. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs & spoke to a representative who offered me $100 reimbursement if I purchased & installed my own battery. I asked why Nissan was not replacing the battery at the dealership, rep explained they are not able to obligate dealerships to make such request, my case was then escalated to the regional Consumer Affairs specialist who was difficult to get a hold of. After 2 weeks the regional specialist was in touch with me & was no help. I explained to the specialist the original battery with the vehicle was defective and why did I continue to have these issues with my vehicle. He was not able to explain to me why. I told the specialist I was going to be purchasing my own battery & faxing my information so I could be reimbursed as promised from previous rep. The specialist informed me that offer was no longer available due to my case being escalated to him. At this point my problem has not been resolved. Nissan has yet to address my concerns & explain why I keep having these problems. Its very troublesome that I am experiencing these problems with a new vehicle which was purchased to Transport my self & newborn, worrying my car can leave us stranded at any time, due to Nissan negligence.

- Whittier, CA, USA