2011 Nissan Cube steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Cube:

2011 Nissan Cube Owner Comments

Aug 072012

Cube

The horn is not able to be heard in traffic. I was on the freeway driving behind my sister. Needing to get her attention as I noticed she had a flat on her car, I was honking the horn on my Cube. She did not hear the horn at all. If a person in a car can not hear the horn I do not believe that a semi truck or such type vehicle will be able to hear my horn either and a serious accident would not be avoidable since the horn would not be heard. Also the handling of my car in any windy condition is not safe. If you are driving faster than 30 mph and it is windy or a big gust of wind sweeps by I better be holding on to the steering wheel tight with both hands. I have been on the freeway going 55 mph, the wind has not been that bad but the car has been moving all over the place and I have to hold on to the wheel with both hands and feel that I really don't have control over the vehicle. I have a teenager that has just started driving and do no way feel safe letting her take this vehicle out. I do not even feel safe in this vehicle anymore.

- Tracy, CA, USA