2012 Nissan Cube drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Cube:

2012 Nissan Cube Owner Comments

Feb 162015

On February 10th, after the car warmed up for 20 minutes, the car's RPM's would jump by 500 every few seconds. I brought the car in (dealership where I bought it) to have it looked at and showed them a video I had taken of it happening at 60 mph and 70 mph. Since no warning lights were lit up on the dash, they said it was fine. On February 16th, the car behaved as though the overdrive was off and I headed to the dealership. Before reaching the dealership, the car would not accelerate and I was stuck. The car was shut off and after 5 minutes I was able to restart it and continue. They later told me the entire transmission needed to be replaced. Although the car is over the mileage for the warranty, I think the company should cover the $4,000 replacement as they did for earlier models

- Swansea, MA, USA