1998 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Nissan Frontier:

1998 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Dec 052014

Frontier

I have a 1998 Nissan Frontier pick up truck. This is the second time that this has occurred within 3 month period. While I am driving at a normal pace the trucks accelerator gets stuck and then it just accelerators at a high rate for no reason at all. The first time this happened I turned the ignition off to prevent an accident. I was able to stop and I disconnected the Throttle Position Sensor. I was able to drive it home. As a result of the high acceleration the fan broke off and damage the radiator. I replaced the T.P.S. and it worked fine for a short while. Then it happened again. This time I disconnected the idle air control value and i drove it home. I ordered a new Idle Air Control Value thinking that this will solve the problem. I am very scared to drive this truck. I am scared for my family members to drive this truck. What is going on with NISSAN PRODUCTS????

- , El Paso, TX, USA