2001 Nissan Frontier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Frontier:

2001 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Apr 192001

Frontier 4WD

When filling my 2001 Nissan Frontier crew cab SC with fuel, it consistently overflows. This has happened at different gas stations, so I know that it is a problem with the vehicle. Every time I set the automatic pump on full flow, the shutoff is not in time to prevent gasoline from overflowing onto the side of the vehicle and on the ground. The intermediate setting also results in a fuel spill. The only way I have not had a fuel spill is to slow the pump's setting to the slowest level. I had the vehicle inspected at ed martin Nissan in indianapolis, and they replaced the fuel tank assembly. This did not fix the problem and then I was told that Nissan was reviewing the problem. I have contacted Nissan but they have not provided any sort of meaningful response.

- Fairland, IN, USA