2003 Nissan Frontier electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Frontier:

2003 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Mar 252002

Frontier 6-cyl

When ignition is turned off power door locks randomly lock vehicle by themselves, locking out driver. Happens once every one or two weeks.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Feb 012003

Frontier 4-cyl

I purchased a 2003 Nissan Frontier pickup truck. When I use the defroster the air conditioner comes on which is normal. I cannot turn off the defroster and air conditioner until I turn off the engine. The air conditioner compressor stays on until the engine is shut down. If I am on a highway I have to stop and turn the engine off to turn the air conditioner off, restart the engine, and then merge back on the highway. At one Nissan dealership the service department tells me this is normal and it is written up that way in the manual. Yet they tell me there is a nationwide backorder for a part. Another Nissan dealership tells me there is a problem but they are unable to diagnose without tearing everything apart.

- Lonoke, AR, USA