2.5

2003 Nissan Frontier wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Frontier:

2003 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Oct 112013

Frontier 6-cyl

I heard a sudden thud and then a grinding noise coming from the rear end as if a brake had hung up, metal to metal.when I exited the vehicle there was smoke coming from the rear of the vehicle and a very strong smell of overheating of the brakes or metal and fluid.upon pulling the wheels, our company mechanic found nothing of the sort to be wrong. I called a friend to have the vehicle trailer-ed to monro muffler and brake in mansfield pa, where it was determined the bearings had failed in the rears, both inner and outer. Nissan usa determined that my VIN # did not fall into the recall campaign even though it fell within the same make, model and year within recall campaign #02V299000! Nissan advised me to take the truck to williams Nissan in sayre pa and have it diagnosed there. I had previously called them before contacting Nissan usa where they had already advised me of the VIN # not being within the recall campaign. There is no doubt that an accident could have occurred if not a fire or both! this came with absolutely no warning in the very early morning on my way to work. I would advise anyone who owns these make, model and years to have this checked and repaired. I cannot believe Nissan would not take responsibility in such an exact case as this particular recall states. In essence this does start with the ABS braking system and seals as monro told me the seals had failed!

- Mainesburg, PA, USA