CarComplaints.com Notes: Radiators are still cracking, leaking coolant and destroying transmissions. Which is a shame when you consider that otherwise, this would be a great small pickup truck.

2006 Nissan Frontier drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Frontier:

2006 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Feb 212007

Frontier 4WD

Since I have bought my Nissan truck, I have noticed vibrations when in 4WD, especially when under load. On numerous occasions the transfer case is stuck in 4WD no matter what you do and it takes forever to get it out back into 2wd. I have taken it in for this complaint and have had no luck with getting it fixed. Finally upon my own inspection, I noticed 3-4 bolts being dangerously loose in the transfer case which is a huge call for alarm. I know many have this same transfer case issue and I would advise them to check the bolts! it may not be the answer but it definitely will lead to a major breakdown if left unchecked!

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA