CarComplaints.com Notes: Radiators are still cracking, leaking coolant and destroying transmissions. Which is a shame when you consider that otherwise, this would be a great small pickup truck.

2.4

2006 Nissan Frontier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Frontier:

2006 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments (Page 6 of 7)

Aug 202009

Frontier

My 2006 Nissan Frontier has a problem with the fuel sending unit. The fuel sensor (part number 25060-zs00A) that is attached goes bad and gives inaccurate fuel level readings. This can cause a safety hazard if the driver is not given a correct read out of the amount of gas in the tank. This is a well known problem to Nissan, they have a "service bulletin" for the problem as of October 4th, 2007, yet they have not issued a recall for the problem as it is a clear safety issue. I went to a Nissan dealership in long beach ca (1800 E spring St, signal hill, ca¿ - (562) 426-0333¿) and they needed $100+ to begin to work on my truck, and another $400+ to fix it. Seeing as how this is a safety issue I should not have to pay a dollar out of pocket. I called the Nissan corporate number 1800nissan1. They informed me that I would still have to pay the money to get it fixed and they could not tell me if I could be reimbursed until after the repairs are made, and my money already spent. I have done research on the internet and found many people with the same problem I do. Also, the service advisor at the Nissan dealership I visited was already well aware of the problem as he had seen it numerous times in Frontiers he has worked with. This shows that Nissan is being negligent with this safety issue and it needs to be fixed.

- Corona, CA, USA

Aug 202009

Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier pickup. Gas senor, after filling gas gauge would not show full. Then check engine light came on.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jul 012009

Frontier

I own a 2006 Nissan Frontier, the fuel level sensor has gone bad. This is an internal part of the gas tank, not conducive to wear and tear. I have no idea the amount of gas I have in my vehicle because it affects the gas gauge reading zero. Having children in the car, I can't afford to get stranded in middle of nowhere. Cost of repair $400+.

- Ft.Myers, FL, USA

Aug 112008

Frontier

Nissan 2006 Frontier, bad fuel level sensor, as per trouble code P0463. I have researched this online and have found hundreds of complaints for all different types of Nissan having the same problem as myself. Basically service engine light comes on and gas gauge works intermittently, gives false reading of amount of fuel in tank. I personally have run out of gas on several occasions as a result. This problem started at approx 55K miles, this is consistent with other peoples complaints as well.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Jul 122009

Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier le with 45,550 miles. Fuel gauge stopped working and dropped to empty with a full tank of fuel. Distance to empty and mpg dashboard data turned to just blinking dashes -------. check engine light illuminated. Coral springs Nissan, coral springs, fl would not take vehicle until fuel level was at 1/4 tank or below. I have to drive vehicle for 1 week to drop fuel level and deal with an inaccurate fuel gauge...never knowing truly how much fuel I had along the way. Turned out diag. Code P0463, under nsb07069A, ,,which was fuel level sensor. Fortunately car was covered under extended warranty with a $50 deductible....otherwise this is a $600 repair. This is an all too common Nissan problem that Nissan recognizes...some vehicles the fuel gauge never moves and you think you have fuel in the tank.....a safety issue!!! !Nissan should be forced to do a recall on this issue.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jan 042009

Frontier

The fuel gauge in my 2006 Nissan Frontier is faulty. It either shows a lower level of gas than what is in the tank or it shows the tank is completely empty. It also causes the service engine light to appear. This started at about 38,000 miles.

- Odessa, FL, USA

Jun 012009

Frontier

Service light comes on when fueling truck fuel gauge reads empty after fueling this happens every time I fill up. Nissan refuses to recall the truck with bad fuel sensors.

- Davenport, FL, USA

Apr 072009

Frontier

2006 Frontier xe gas gauge registers wrong amt. Or does not work period.this is the 3rd. Fuel pump and sensor unit installed in this vehicle! I will not replace this part ror the fourth time! I guess someone will have to be injured or killed, when they run out of gas on the interstate, for an attorney to brings a class action suit against Nissan and question NHTSA as to why the Agency has not taken action.

- Groves, TX, USA

Apr 102007

Frontier

2006xe vehicle stopped running on interstate hwy.towed to baytown Nissan. Faulty gauge reading led to running tank dry. Replaced fuel pump and sending unit. Spent $205 for towing and $406.82 to replace pump and sending unit!

- Groves, TX, USA

May 052009

Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier has a faulty fuel level sensor and the gas gauge works sporadically. This could cause the vehicle to run out of fuel and shut down and possibly cause a crash.

- Volga, SD, USA

Aug 182008

Frontier 4-cyl

2006 Nissan Frontier xe 4 cylinder manual trans. At approximately 35,000 miles my fuel gauge stopped working after filling up, and read empty. The check engine light came on immediately. The fuel gauge began behaving erratically, sometimes reading correctly without the check engine light on, but always malfunctioning at approximately half tank, causing the check engine light to come on. Then it ceased to function at all with the check engine light remaining on. Nissan of santa rosa told me it would not be covered under my Q certified power train warranty 100,000 miles or 2 years. Nissan told me it was a problem with the fuel delivery system, and the sensor inside the gas tank needed replacement, at my charge. Also, I cannot have my evap emissions system recall work performed until the fuel delivery system problem is fixed. As a result I cannot complete my vehicle registration for this year. I demand a recall of the fuel delivery system for the 2006 Nissan Frontier. Thank you.

- Forestville, CA, USA

Apr 142009

Frontier

My 2006 Nissan Frontier crew cab 4X4 had the fuel gauge quit and the service engine soon light (ses) come on after filling up with fuel around 46,800 miles. The fuel gauge started to work again a few days later but the light will not go off for the ses. This truck has been maintained and serviced above and beyond all manufacturer requirements. I bought this truck in Sept of 2006, so it is not even 3 years old but since the warranty ran out at 36,000 miles I can not go to the dealer because they don't care. I also have had numerous paint issues, fading, chipping and rust on this truck and have, as stated before always taken very good care of it.

- South Williamsport, PA, USA

Sep 012008

Frontier

The fuel level sensor on my 2006 Nissan Frontier crew cab stopped working right after the warranty period was up. It started fluctuating and giving false readings, then stopped working all together. Since the fuel sensor is tied to the check engine light, I was unable to obtain a safety inspection sticker until the item was repaired. To repair this, the fuel tank had to be removed. This cost me 400 to fix. I believe the unit to be defective, as I have been seeing more consumers who purchased this truck logging the same complaint. Furthermore, I have a fear that is the unit is shorting out, it could cause a fire. After all, it sits on top of a 20 gallon fuel tank. This should be recalled!!!

- Moultonborough, NH, USA

Oct 172008

Frontier

Service engine soon light comes on after every fill up of fuel. Fuel gauge does not show an accurate reading for approximately 1-2 days. Several other consumers have this problem and Nissan should make it right.

- Ashford, WV, USA

Jan 062009

Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier nismo's fuel gauge is erratic. It started at about 37,000 miles, but I ignored it because I had allowed the warning light to go on and thought that after a few fill ups it would register correctly, but it did not leaving me stranded on the road. The dealer, although they acknowledge this is a common defect in the vehicle, asked for over $400 to repair, which I do not have. Now I have to keep filling the tank after every 200 -250 miles fearing I may run out of gas again. There should be a recall on this as it creates a safety hazard such as when I ran out of fuel on the turnpike.

- St. Cloud, FL, USA

Feb 202009

Frontier 6-cyl

At 41,000miles my 2006 Nissan Frontier V6 began having a malfunctioning fuel sending unit causing improper reading of the fuel gauge. Upon researching this problem, I realized that this is a common problem affecting Nissan with the 4.0L V6 in xterra's, pathfinders and Frontiers. This usually occurs between 39K-49K miles. Nissan has no recall for this and I feel this is a potential hazard considering that the fuel gauge is misreading. Nissan wants their customers to pay $450 for a part that is defective on their part.

- Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Mar 132009

Frontier

Fuel gauge shows empty after filling up followed by 'service engine' light coming on and staying on. Have researched on internet and numerous other complaints as well as verified by my dealer (bankston Nissan, lewisville, tx). Cost to repair $500.

- Highland Village, TN, USA

Dec 302008

Frontier

Error code PO463 comes up on check engine light. Fuel level sensor malfunctioning gas gauge still remains at empty even though the tank is full. Seem to have a lot of people with Nissan trucks having the same problem.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Feb 122009

Frontier

With 41,000 miles my 2006 Nissan Frontier is giving me an incorrect gas gauge reading. Apparently this is a common issue with Nissan that they are not addressing.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 102009

Frontier

The fuel sending unit has quit working for the second time which causes the fuel gauge to give false readings. Nissan replaced the unit when it quit at 10000 miles under warranty but, now the vehicle is out of warranty and the unit is not working again. After talking with several owners of the same vehicle I found out we are all having the same problem, going through multiple units. Nissan does seem to be fixing the problem but, just coving it up. After talking with the dealership they do not want to try to cover it, they want me to pay $400 for parts and labor which I am not going to do. Besides the fact that $100 for parts and $300 for labor is outrageous I am not going to replace this part just have it fail again. This part should be on a recall because it is clearly defective and not a part that should have to be replaced 2, 3, or 4 times or even at 10000 miles. Now my problem is the truck seems to be using more gas because of this. I have been going off of the mileage because I know my vehicle will do a little over 400 miles on a tank of gas but, it left me on the side of the highway in a bad neighborhood at 11:30 at night with 352 miles showing. My girlfriend also has to drive this truck and I fear her safety when she is driving the vehicle. She could get stuck in a bad neighborhood or in dallas, tx traffic it is not easy to get to the side of the road when it runs out of gas. Also, this problem sets off the check engine light and the vehicle inspection is out. They will not let the vehicle pass with this on.

- Addison, TX, USA