CarComplaints.com Notes: For years, Nissan trucks and SUVs have had problems with coolant destroying the transmission. And for years, Nissan has done nothing about it.

The 2007 is no different than the 2006 and 2005. Just avoid it.

1.3

2007 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Frontier:

2007 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 052013

Frontier 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that transmission fluid was erroneously entering the radiator. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the radiator and transmission both needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 75,569...updated 09/30/13 the consumer stated there was an engine whine (noise) at all speeds. There maybe a failure with the timing chain. There was a rear axle leak which may be caused by a bad vent check valve. The power socket counsel was not working. Updated 10/29/2013

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 052013

Frontier 6-cyl

I was driving my truck on a two lane road at approximately 40 mph when the truck started to shake and shutter and would not shift properly. I was almost rear ended on a bend in the road because of the reduced speed I had to drive to keep the truck from shaking. I have researched my Nissan Frontier's transmission issue and it appears to be a cross contamination issue where the transmission cooler leaks allowing transmission fluid and radiator coolant to mix causing damage to the transmission. I have not driven the truck since the incident for fear of a total transmission failure which has happend to other Nissan Frontier owners causing them to be standed on the roadway. Nissan seems to not want to recall the trucks for the cross contamination issue which I feel puts peoples lives in danger.

- Valencia , PA, USA

May 182013

Frontier 6-cyl Diesel

After reading about previous complaints online and an investigation performed by NHTSA I think the transmission is leaking fluid into the radiator. What was the conclusion of your investigation?

- Sherwood, AR, USA

May 012013

Frontier 6-cyl

Vehicle began running poorly and stuttering between gear shifts. Knew about the potential for the transmission and radiator fluid to mix and destroy the engine from the lawsuit that was filed and correspondence we had received from Nissan. Sure enough, took the vehicle to a Nissan dealer and an independent car shop and both diagnosed the same thing - radiator and transmission fluids mixing. No option but to get it repaired for a whopping $4,409.26. It is disgraceful that Nissan will not formally acknowledge this defect and pay for the repair bill no matter what your mileage. This was our first and last Nissan.

- Franklin, WI, USA

Mar 262013

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would exhibit a loud whining sound. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the technician diagnosed that the timing chain was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 59,188 and the current mileage was 59,350.

- Arlington , TX, USA

Nov 152012

Frontier 6-cyl

Engine whine started before warranty expired but thought it was a power steering pump or pulley bearing. Progressively got worse, so looked it up on youtube & engine whine videos are widespread - turns out this is a timing chain issue that Nissan knows about, but declined to tell me before the warranty ran out. They have done all the maintenance so they surely heard this engine whine. They even have a bulletin out for the repair of this "defect". the timing chain tensioner shoe is too soft & is wearing out prematurely. This job will cost approximately $1200 & I am currently having the repairs made. I was in talks with Nissan factory reps, & she will not help me any with these repairs, even though it was doing this before the warranty expired, I just didn't know what this noise was. There should be a factory defect recall so all the owners like me could get reimbursed, & so the people nearing warranty expiration could be forewarned to get the repairs done. This is the Q40 V-6 engine.

- Roanoke Rapids, NC, USA

Feb 292012

Frontier 6-cyl

About 2 weeks ago I started to feel as if the truck was not shifting correctly, soon after that the check engine light came on and I brought it right in to our regular service station. A diagnostic check revealed code P0717 for a turbine revolution sensor and I was told to take it to the dealer. The Nissan dealer did their own diagnostic (no test drive) and found it to be a bad value body, as well as bad timing chain and tensioners, and replacement of all 6 coil packs, along with a few other general findings gave me an estimate of nearly 5 thousand dollars. The 2 diagnostic checks have cost me close to $250. I was in shock and did not have the ability to pay for the repairs up front, so I took the truck to 2 other service stations, one being aamco who specializes in transmissions. None of the 3 other stations found any other issues aside from the transmission. Aamco after a test drive and diagnostic check determined there was an issue but would need to remove the transmission to determine the extent of the problem. Aamco found there to be water being pumped into the transmission, and also claimed it was the 3 problem of this type they had seen so far this month. Apparently the radiator leaks water into the transmission. The fix is a rebuilt transmission and separate cooler for the transmission to assure this won't happen again. At a cost of 3200 to me! this particular aamco is across from the dealer and claims that have done work for the dealership to fix the same problem! I also received a letter back in Oct. /Nov. Indicating a possible radiator problem and an offer of an extended warranty. Nothing was mentioned of the damage that could occur to the transmission! I feel cheated, and in my research have found this to be a very common problem. Nissan should stand by their product and do the right thing by their customers!

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Nov 062012

Frontier

Fuel gauge sensor corroded and gauge no longer works.

- Lanham, MD, USA