Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: For years, Nissan trucks and SUVs have had problems with coolant destroying the transmission. And for years, Nissan has done nothing about it.

The 2007 is no different than the 2006 and 2005. Just avoid it.

2007 Nissan Frontier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Frontier:

2007 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Apr 112015

Frontier 6-cyl

My 2007 Nissan Frontier is experiencing what many other Frontier truck owner are experiencing...the dreaded inaccurate fuel gauge readings along with the check engine light. I am blown away that Nissan has not had the courage to order a recall on this well known issue. Hopefully this will not result in a number of fatalities before they "do the right thing". very unfortunate and a poor form of customer service for owners who will most likely seek a different brand as there next purchase.

- Roseburg, OR, USA

May 132014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that the fuel gauge failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the fuel sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Sneads, FL, USA

Jan 152015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that after refueling the vehicle, the fuel gauge indicated the incorrect reading levels and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The mechanic diagnosed that the fuel sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 262014

Vehicle ran out of gas when the gas hand was reading at a quarter of a tank. It happened as I entered traffic.

- Cairo, GA, USA

Dec 282013

Fuel gauge not working properly. I brought the truck to dealer and they determined it was due to faulty fuel level sensor sending unit. Cost: $511. This should be a recall since it is a safety issue in that I could run out of gas on the highway and possibly become involved in a collision.

- Coventry, RI, USA

May 142014

Frontier 4WD 6-cyl

Fuel sending unit fuel light on and shows empty sometime when it is actually full.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 262012

• 1,012,321 miles

First thing that happened the gas gauge just quit working second the fuel line started leaking on the frame just after gas gauge fixed then transmission messed up transmission radiator and thermostat fixed and no running hot took it to dealer says nothing wrong with it also code is showing egr valve.

- Cabot, AR, USA

Aug 212014

Frontier 4WD 6-cyl

Fuel level sensor malfunction, truck shut off while showing it was half full of gas. I was in the process of moving so I had a truck load of furniture and also pulling my boat. I luckily carry a heavy duty chain with me and was able to get someone to tow me to a gas station. I then read that Nissan had recalled 2005-2008 models but when I called my particular truck wasn't one of them. It doesn't really make sense to me if my truck is showing the same problems why it isn't recalled. This didn't cause that big of an issue for me but I feel like this is a serious problem and could put someone in danger of having an accident. The seal around where the sensor connects doesn't hold so gas gets in and corrodes the connecting pins causing it to malfunction. They wanted to charge me $400 to fix it so I bought the part online for $85 and fixed it myself. I don't feel like this is right and Nissan needs to be held accountable.

- Columbia, TN, USA

Sep 102014

I have been having the fuel gauge problems with my 2007 Nissan Frontier that I now see so many other people have complained about. It has been close to a year that I have had the issue but I knew it was the fuel level indicator sensor causing the check engine light to come so I didn't get it fixed. I would fill up with gas and the fuel gauge would stay at empty (no matter how much fuel was in the tank when I started fueling). Then after driving up to 100 miles the fuel gauge would go up to what I assume was an accurate reading. It has been about a month now the fuel gauge has completely quit working. I would fill up at between 250 miles to 300 miles on a tank because I knew I always got over 300 miles on a tank of gas. Well, this morning on my way to work I ran out a gas right in the middle of a busy intersection. I am very disgusted to see all of the complaints about this problem and Nissan is not willing to do anything about it. On top of that, I thought a smaller pickup with a 6 cylinder engine would get better gas mileage than is does. My 2007 Frontier gets lousy gas mileage.

- Helena, MT, USA

Nov 012013

Had filled the truck with gas at beginning of week and the fuel level was reading I still had a quarter of gas when the truck stopped in the middle of traffic. The truck was empty. Now I fill up and the fuel gauge does not move to register fuel level.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 132014

Frontier 6-cyl

While driving on city street fuel gauge reading over 1/4 tank went to make a lane change vehicle started to cut out service engine light came on then the vehicle went completely dead making it difficult to steer or brake or pull to the side of the road out of traffic. Had the vehicle checked and was advised after he read the code that the fuel sensor was faulty giving a false reading on the amount of fuel remaining in the tank and that he had heard of a Nissan recall on the fuel sensor. After I put more fuel in my vehicle it started right up but service engine light stayed on. Contacted Nissan customer service about the problem and was advised that some 2007 Nissan Frontiers and other model of that year had similar issues but my vehicle was not covered for that problem.

- Reno, NV, USA

Aug 012013

My 2007 Nissan Frontier fuel gauge remains past the empty mark. It stays that way even when the tank is full. This also causes my check engine light to stay on. This causes me not to know how much gas I have left.

- Bryan, TX, USA

Jul 142014

Frontier 4-cyl

My vehicle no longer registers how much fuel is in my tank because of a faulty fuel sending unit. I ran out of gas on the freeway. Why wasn't a recall issued to fix the known problem? stalled vehicles pose a hazard.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

Dec 122013

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph. The fuel sensor gauge warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jun 012013

Fuel indicator reads empty when tank is full.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 182013

Frontier 6-cyl

Gas gauge quit working, making possibility of being stranded on the road. After filling the tank, the gas gauge shows same as before, then after a while, the gas gauge shows empty with the fuel light on, then after a while it shows some gas in the tank (maybe a little over half), then a while later it goes up to almost full. This is a common problem with this model, Nissan needs a recall to fix this!

- Carthage, MO, USA

Apr 162013

Frontier 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel gauge tank unit needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 65,000.

- Fort Worth , TX, USA

Apr 092013

My fuel gauge is not working properly, which has caused the check engine light to stay on constantly. When I fill up with fuel, the fuel gauge will sometimes move up to full, but only after a few starts of the engine. However, it will fall back down to empty after only driving a few miles or so. I really never know how much fuel I have unless I go back to fill it up just to be safe. I have looked online today and found out that there is a massive and very widespread fuel system issue with this vehicle type. I notified Nissan today and was told that there is not an open recall for this problem with my vehicle. How is that even possible, based on the number of incidents I have found from my research dealing with this particular issue. The Nissan agent advised me to go to a Nissan dealership garage and ask for a diagnostic check. She said to call her back or have a mechanic rep. Call to advise what the diagnostic check revealed. She stated Nissan may be able to help with some financial aide. I truly appreciate the gesture, but that does not fix the fact that this issue should be completely covered by a manufacturer recall. Yesterday I ran out of gas on the expressway during heavy traffic. I was very fortunate to be able to coast two lanes over to the emergency lane. However, the portion I was in was very narrow and did not offer ample room to pour the gas in the tank that a friend brought me an hour after I ran out of gas. A police officer kindly stopped to assist with the very dangerous mission of trying to get the gas in the vehicle standing only inches from the traffic as it rushed by at very high speeds. To make a long story a little shorter, there was an incident involving two tractor trailers and two cars. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured. Including the officer, my friend, and myself, who were standing only feet from where the incident occurred. Thank god!

- Buford, GA, USA

Feb 282013

Frontier 4-cyl

After I filled up on 2/28/13, the gas gauge read empty and the check engine light came on. I looked up on line and this is a common problem with Nissan of this mileage. The unit that controls this needs to be recalled.

- Woodway, TX, USA

Feb 192012

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that the fuel level gauge displayed incorrect fuel levels. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Santa Paula, CA, USA