CarComplaints.com Notes: For years, Nissan trucks and SUVs have had problems with coolant destroying the transmission. And for years, Nissan has done nothing about it.

The 2007 is no different than the 2006 and 2005. Just avoid it.

2007 Nissan Frontier miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Frontier:

2007 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Nov 172016

Frontier

Tamara recall problems with transmission shifting was moving got code, transmission slow to move

- Homestead, FL, USA

Aug 032016

Frontier

I noticed the temperature gauge went up while traveling at higher speeds and when this happened the air conditioner would get warmer. When I slowed down to 50-55 mph the temperature gauge would return to the normal position. I also began to notice that the truck was no longer shifting smoothly at times. I took the vehicle into the dealership and discovered that there was a design flaw in the transmission fluid cooler and cooler contamination so that the vehicle would stop. Luckily I did not get stranded on the road, but now I have to replace the transmission and my portion of the bill will be $3500-$3700. This is unacceptable since I keep my maintenance up and get problems handled promptly.

- Owasso, OK, USA

Jul 092016

Frontier

Took my Nissan Frontier to pacific Nissan in san diego for a consistent jerk/knock with sound of liquid gurgling. Notified that I was lucky that the truck made it to the shop. Notified that there is a fluid intermix between my coolant and transmission fluids. How can that be when they are two totally different systems" Nissan is offering that I pay the deductible of 3000$ to get it fixed. I just found out that this is a known issue for all Frontiers, xterras and pathfinders and Nissan is not being pro-active in issuing repairs prior to this problem happening and sticking the consumers with the cost to repair the vehicle. How can this be allowed to happen"

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 242016

Frontier

Nissan is aware of leaking radiators and not until a class action lawsuit was filed they did not take responsibility and only help pay with a copay if the vehicle is less then 90,000 miles. Which is ridiculous because it should it be unlimited mileage for that type of repair. Radiator leaked coolant fluid into transmission and corroded and broke seals on transmission caused it to brake and have car shut down

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Jan 232014

Frontier

For approximately 1 month prior to the transmission failing, I notice a "bucking" from the transmission following shifts and only at low RPM's. I had the transmission fluid levels checked during an oil change in January 2014, and fluid was added (the transmission was not flushed.) the "bucking" seemed to subside for a few days, however what I next experienced next was far worse. On three or four occassions, the truck suddenly acted at though the transmission disengaged, as if it were in neutral. Each of these incidents occurred on 4 lane highways, at highway speed. As I recall, on at least one of these occassions traffic was very light, and I was able to safely exit the highway. However, on the other occassions, the sudden loss of speed and ability to accelerate very very nearly caused a serious accident.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

May 022015

Frontier

Transmission failure. Driving on freeway vehicle wouldn't shift into gear. I was stuck and on my way home in heavy traffic. Truck started shaking. Took it to aamco on 5/2/15. Cost me over $3770. On 9/6/15 took first trip to the mountains, again my transmission goes out. This time we're in the mountains going up hill when my truck won't shift into gear. Once again I have to have my truck fixed. I don't own a bank and I need my truck to work. What the hell am I going to do to make a living" what is Nissan waiting for someone or a family getting killed??"

- Altadena, CA, USA

May 202015

Frontier

I was rear ended 04/20/2015, back injury, police report, other driver insurance taking care of bills, no settlement yet. In June, noticed transmission slip & leak in drive way. In repair shop on Friday, 07/31/2015. They advised me radiator crack and transmission fluid leaked into radiator. $1,200 to repair all. They instructed to do so.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jun 022015

Frontier

I bought a used 2007 Nissan Frontier crew cab at Hyundai of roseville, ca a year and half ago on Jan 2014 and they never disclose to me that this car was known for coolant leaking into the transmission and eventually destroying it. After buying this, I only drove it for about 8,000 miles and this problem hits me June 2015. I bought it for $12,500 and still owe $8,000. The costs to repair this according to Nissan would costs me $7,500. I bought an extended warranty for $1,200, but it would not be covered because this is a "known pre-existing problem or defect by the manufacturer." So, this used Frontier would costs me over $20,000 which is about what the new ones are going for. This is terrible and I need some kind of justice. Either Nissan, the Hyundai dealership that I bought this from and or the extended warranty company need to pay for this. Nissan should pay because this was a known manufacturer defect. Hyundai dealership that I bought it from should also pay because they didn't disclose of this known defect. The extended warranty company called buy direct auto warranty should had not offer me a warranty knowing that can't pay for this kind of repair. They should either pay for the repair or give me a full refund. I need justice!!!

- Richmond, CA, USA

May 072015

Frontier

While I was driving I felt a heavy vibration while shifting, and accelerating, abrupt stalling, and shuddering noises. It was so dangerous to be on the road with this vehicle. I had to replace my transmission and radiator immediately on a vehicle that had only 53,452 miles on it.

- Ronkonkoma, NY, USA

Jan 112012

Frontier

The radiator in the vehicle ruptured, allowing coolant into transmission. This led to loss of power, hard shifting, and slippage while accelerating. Contacted Nissan, they informed me warranty had been extended but I was 1,600 miles over their arbitrarily extended limit. They suggested I contact the dealer for assistance. The delaer repeated that it was outside of warranty period, and estimated repair costs at $7000. I took truck to local shop, who quoted $5500, and now find out that the transmission parts are on backorder and I will be without my work vehicle for about 1 month. Nissan is clearly aware of this driveline failure issue, but they are attempting to push off the cost of their faulty parts onto the consumer, rather than remedy what is a costly and potentially very dangerous defect.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Jan 132012

Frontier

The transmission cooler located in the radiator failed and now radiator has transmission fluid in it and the transmission has water in it. Both are ruined and dealer says it is $9000. Apparently this is a known defect only covered up to 80000 miles and Nissan needs to fix this. If it was a known issue, it could have been fixed for a few hundred bucks. Thank you

- Kailua, HI, USA

Nov 192009

Frontier 6-cyl

Purchased new 2007 Nissan Frontier-V-6, long wheel-base truck. Expierienced brake problem at 20K miles, replaced by dealer, had low speed whine and brake pedal drop to floor and 35 to 40 mph judder and vibration. Went back to dealer, they checked and noticed the drive shaft was comming apart, they replaced with new one, idicated it was defective from vendor. I have had this truck back into dealer four times since with the same re-occuring problems. They can't find the source or the problem. Zone mgr. For midwest drove the vehicle and indicated that they can't find the problem and they will not replace anything else. I was told to take it to the BBB if I wanted a solution under current lemon laws. He also indicated it will probably fall apart down the road-complete and utter dis-regard for my safety. They are in complete denial that they have a problem with this vehicle. Is it just now that Toyota had a recall for broken/cracked yokes on Tacoma's and Nissan is exempt" don't they all buy parts from dana Corp." Nissan has experienced a large sales surge and are expanding just like GM had in the 70's. they don't have time/talent to take care of their problems just more new vehicles, more engineering problems, push it out the door and let the dealers take care of problems. This somehow has a familiar ring to it like Toyota's problem with acceleration! keep relieing on electronic controls to run the vehicles and take away control fromthe driver. The auto companies need to be investigated further for safety compliance as madison avenue commercials alude to the fact that all of these safety features that are incorporated into vehicles work flawsley when they actually don't! how many more people have to be killed or seriously injured with these so-called safe vehicles, made in usa with cheap china made parts! I'm sure there are more vehicles out on the road with these same re-occuring problems not being replaced or repaired due to mfgr. Defects and problems!!!

- Waukesha, WI, USA