2010 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Frontier:

2010 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Jun 132016

Engine idles too low: Engine idles at approximately 600 rpms, when ac kicks in idle drops to 500 rpms or less causing vehicle to shutter and shake as if it is going to stall. Have taken vehicle back to dealer for reset, but vehicle still idles at around 600 RPM. Vehicle specs state vehicle should idle at 650 RPM +or- 50 rpms for V6 engine. This is too low when ac is turned on.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jul 262015

Transmission has been slipping. Happens frequently when stopped at a red light, stop sign...when time to go car does not move. Complained to Nissan dealer in 2014 and they suggested changing the fluid...could not find any problems. Fluid was changed and I am still having problems. Will be taking it to another dealer this week. I understand Nissan has had major issues with coolant leaking into transmission as I had a 2005 Nissan Frontier and this is what happened to me. Nissan would not compensate me as my mileage was 100+K. when I treaded in my 2005 for a 2010 I was assured that Nissan had fixed the defect. Here we go again...I should have known better!

- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA