2013 Nissan Frontier miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Frontier:

2013 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Oct 162016

Frontier

My son had an accident, driving at 65 mph and hit a parked car on the freeway. He hit the windshield so hard with his head that the windshield has a cup shapped dent even with sit belt on and deploitment of airbags. I contacted Nissan, and was dismissed. I was told by anthony, the person assigned to the case by Nissan, that since insurance had paid. There was nothing else to be done. I will attach photos of the truck. I feel that the airbag and sit belt should have kept driver in place.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 102016

Frontier

Traction control can snap the drivers neck. With traction control on the vehicle can apply the brake on the drive wheel that is spinning. This happening if you are not going in a straight line can snap your neck if driver is not looking straight ahead. Note when the brake is applied it is not slowly, it is snapped on, this is painful and could kill. Plus I do not think the drive-line parts will last very long. Also I would like a way to make sure the system will not 'come on' by default. When this happened to me I was pulling out from a stop making a left hand turn and the inner wheel spun on the wet pavement, the 'system' applied the brake while I was looking left and my neck was twisted more to the left then right forward displacing my neck. Note 'traction control' is deadly !

- Farmingdale, NJ, USA