2013 Nissan Frontier seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Frontier:

2013 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Frontier

The vehicle was in motion on the highway and also turning.yaw rate sensor malfunctioning. I took to the dealer and was quoted $800 for sensor excluding labor. Im in M.S...I live in T.N. I was advised it wasnt safer on interstate travel. This vehicle is only 3 yrs old. At this point it is considered my safety. I think Nissan should stand behind there product.

- Harriman, TN, USA

Jul 012016

Frontier

I was on my way to work on the very familiar road that I travel everyday. The speed limit is 45 and since it's a country-windy-road people pretty much go at that speed. As I'm driving the car in front of me was signaling to make a left turn. I applied the break as I approached it.~noticing that my truck was not even slowing down I pressed the break pedal with all my strength but my truck didn't even slowed any, skidded on the road or left any tire-marks behind! I hit the vehicle who was about to make a left turn from behind but it hardly suffer any damage where as my truck was totaled. In checking the road there aren't any markings of anyone trying to stop as it often happens when an accident happens! I believe that the breaks locked on my truck!

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Frontier

The passenger air bag if faulty, and sets off a light which indicates no protection for any passengers in the front seat.

- Rahway, NJ, USA

Mar 062014

Frontier

My side impact air bags deployed with no impact - no reason in March of 2014. Same exact thing occurred again in November of 2014. Nissan took responsibility + had items repaired, but I am concerned about why this is repeatedly happening + I'm afraid of it happening again!

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

May 012013

Frontier

Side air bags deployed with no impact of vehicle. Nissan claimed the vehicle was at an angle that required the bags to deploy. The vehicle is a 4X4 truck and was not at any angle that required the air bags to deploy. Speed was 10mph on a flat dirt road. Even though the vehicle only had 9000 miles the $4500 was not covered under bumper to bumper warranty.

- Tempe, AZ, USA