2013 Nissan Frontier wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Frontier:

2013 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Sep 252014

While changing the passenger side rear tire of the 2013 Nissan Frontier, one of the wheel lug studs was found to be loose and went half way in. I tried to pull the wheel lug stud with my finger and it won?T come out. I tightened the other four nuts on the wheel lug studs and started to drive to the dealer. While driving on the parkway close to the resting area, I felt like my rear passenger side wheel locked up, I stopped the vehicle and I looked at the rear wheel lug stud that felt like it was stuck halfway in the wheel. One of the two truck drivers asked what the problem was. I told them that I am having a problem with the rear passenger side wheel lug stud because the wheel lug stud seemed to be caught in the brakes. Tow truck driver took a very small screw driver and pushed the wheel lug stud further in and asked if I could move my truck. The wheel got free after he pushed the wheel lug stud further. I was able to move the vehicle in to the parking lot. I called one of my friend, a retired auto mechanic. He came over and opened the wheel and took out the wheel lug stud and the vehicle was drivable. I asked him to take the vehicle to the dealer. This retired mechanic told me that usually these wheel lug stud are supposed to be sealed and shouldn't be loose and wobbly. This could have been very life threatening if this had happened while driving 65 mph on the parkway.

- Egg Harbor City, NJ, USA