7.8

2014 Nissan Frontier miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Frontier:

2014 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Apr 102016

Frontier

All lights would illuminate on dashboard and vehicle would not start. The radio would turn on without any key in the ignition. This would only occur when raining outside and vehicle was parked. After an hour, the vehicle started but when taking the key out of the ignition, the vehicle would still remain running for about a minute or so before shutting off hard. Upon a quick inspection of the vehicle, it appeared the wires to the electrical system were hot, and I disconnected the battery to have it towed to avoid fire risk. I have a video of what the truck was doing. This occurred 4/10/16 and is back in the shop today- 4/29/16 for the same reason.

- Boulder City, NV, USA

Nov 092015

Frontier

Vehicle is equipped with a back-up/rear proximity warning system. It consists of four sensors mounted on the face of the rear bumper, and a variable warning "beeper" in the cabin. One of the four sensors on my truck sustained damage on it's face, which the Nissan dealer(lokey Nissan, clearwater fl) says has caused the entire warning system to fail. This is a significant safety system, with quadruple redundancy. How can it's design allow for complete failure when one of four sensors (supposedly) fails? as a mechanical engineering P.E., I consider this to be a serious design flaw.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Jun 162014

Frontier

The design of this Nissan 2014 Frontier crew cab's rear seat locking feature is very poor. We have not had any mishaps yet, but the possibility certainly exists because of the way you must unlock the rear passenger doors. When I took possession of my new truck I reported to the salesman my concerns pertaining to the way the rear doors unlocked. He told me to take it somewhere and have automatic locks put on it as they did not do that type of work. This feature should be standard on crew cabs. To unlock the back passenger doors, you must reach between the support column and the front seats and then "feel" your way to find the molded in lever to push to unlock. I have had a coat on before and must either take it off or push the sleeve up to fit my arm through this very limited access area. My fear is that sometime we will need to get the back door opened quickly and you have to physically get out of the truck to open a locked rear door. There is no outside keyed lock that you could use a key to gain access, you must stand outside the truck and reach this latch that is molded in with the door opener interior handle. I have written the dealership and Nissan and all they will say is they will log it in their files. It is going to take a child or someone needing medical attention and then not being able to unlock the door and something tragic happening for Nissan to address this poor design? I have asked them to physically try to unlock one of these doors and everyone has ignored my concern.

- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA