2011 Nissan Juke engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Juke:

2011 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Recall 11V583000 does not include my VIN. All 2011 Nissan Juke should be included in the recall. My turbo currently needs replaced due to a worn bearing. Several people online have to replace their turbos in their 2011 Jukes at a cost of $2800.

- Lexington, VA, USA

Apr 282014

Juke 4-cyl

I have a 2011 Nissan Juke ( purchased brand new) when driving home from work the car started to idle weird and then just died in the middle of the road. Thank god I wasn't hit by anyone or in a major accident. Towed it a to Nissan dealership where there told me the timing chain belt broke and had to be replaced. The dealership called me the next morning stating that Nissan was aware of the timing chain issue and that they were issuing a recall for this very problem, so there would be no cost to me. After a week of my car being at the Nissan dealership, they called and said the car was repaired and good to go! I picked the car up and attempted to drive home but never made it out of the parking lot! Juke did the same exact thing it did when I originally had it towed in! the Juke went back into the shop that night. Next morning the service manager from Nissan calls to tell me that due to the timing chain issue metal shaving have now gotten into my engine causing damage to the point that the entire engine has to be replaced! since it was due to the recall, it will be of no cost to me...however Nissan cannot guarantee that the new engine won't have the same issues"!!? are you kidding me? and this is not the first issue with this Juke! first month I had it the entire rear differential had to be replaced! I also had to replace the alternator after it numerous battery issues, and the car is less than 3 years old! after further research I found out there is a class action law suit against Nissan right now as they were aware of these issues and did nothing about it! how is that possible? or legal" come on, Nissan! get it together. Safety should be your #1 priority....but apparently concealing potentially life threatening recalls is more important. To say the least, I will never, ever, buy another Nissan, and neither should you or anyone you care about.

- Newberg, OR, USA