2011 Nissan Juke fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Juke:

2011 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

May 062016

See attached letter - fuel leak - previous recall

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Feb 122016

There were 2 recalls on my car and I was never notified of the problems the, fuel pressure sensor and the Juke air inlet tube. I was driving down the highway, and I just had a larger problem with my power stirring, I was in the high speed lane traveling 70 miles an hour and my power stirring let go. I called Nissan of America to see if there were any re-calls on my car and I was told no, my car has been tied up at tasca Nissan in dartmouth, MA for more than 1 week, I was told the part would be in Feb 22.. Nissan offered to pay for the part which cost $1,908.29. But I have to pay for the shipping cost which cost 120.00dollars and I have to pay for the labor cost which is $480 dollars I am frustrated and angry, know one seems to care that I could of got killed or seriously injured in this car. Now I find out there were 2 re-calls on this car and I was never notified! I service my car regularly, I just spent over $800 dollars for new tires, wiper blades, oil change replacement of a tire sensor and I am renting a car at the present.. I noticed in my research that the rogue is being called back for power stirring problems, what the hell is going on? as far as the power stirring repair my warranty ran out, I feel this was a defect in the power stirring, but I am expected to pay for the repairs. I do have a case # it is 21635903 and I spoke with a man named jim his # is 615-725-7254. Tasca of dartmouth have been wonderful, they even tried to get the cost to me lowered but it fell on deaf ears., they also told me they would not let me drive my car because it was to dangerous for me to drive, at least they cared about my safety, thank god. I am a 63Y/O female who works hard for my money, but I guess I am going to have to eat this bill!.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Dec 212015

Extend the fuel pressure sensor recall.... I have a strong gasoline smell in cabin. While car is [parked or driving] and engine is running, the air conditioning and/or heat is on a extremely strong gasoline smell fills the cabin and can suffocate you and your passengers. Worst when air is coming in from outside and not reusing the cabins air. Mechanic couldn't find any leaks and told me about a recall on Jukes. My Juke is not apart of the recall and is having the same problems as the fuel pressure sensor recall because of improper tightening. There are many complaints on forums online with people not being on the recall that have this problem.

- Smyrna, TN, USA

Oct 052015

Strong fuel smell inside cabin and outside of car every time car is running, along with significantly reduced mpg (~18 city - 20hwy)

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Oct 012014

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. When the vehicle was started, the contact smelled fuel inside the vehicle without warning. The failure recurred each time the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V069000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- College Park, MD, USA

Nov 132014

I purchased a used 2011 Nissan Juke from a Nissan dealership. At first I had trouble filling up the tank. I brought it back to the dealer I purchased it from and they found a plastic piece from a plastic gas can stuck in the tank. From the moment I purchased the car, whenever I fill it with gas, my car, clothes, garage and first level of my home smells like gas. I looked on the internet and found there was a recall for this issue in 2012. I believe that whomever serviced the car for the 2012 recall did not do it properly. For the past week and a half I've been in contact with Nissan customer service who either disconnect me, give me incorrect information or don't return my phone calls when promised. I was told a supervisor would get back in touch with me in four to eight hours. They called me back three days later. I feel like my car is a death trap. I'm afraid to park it in my garage for fear that when I use my electric garage door opener, they're will be a spark and my entire condo will explode. I'm afraid to drive it for fear someone will toss a lit cigarette and the car will catch fire with me in it. I've had more migraines since I've purchased the car than I've had in 30 years. When I mentioned the problem to the Nissan dealer whom I bought the car from, I was told I needed a new gas tank cover. I've bought three of them with no improvement.

- West Milford, NJ, USA

Jan 122015

Juke 4-cyl

I had noticed fuel smell inside cabin for some time. After some research, I realized this was related to a recall that apparently had already been done to the vehicle. I dropped the car at local dealer and after service department denied smelling fuel or detecting any leaks, many phone calls and another visit to show them it really smelled like fuel inside, it was eventually fixed free of charge even though warranty was expired. The invoice sheet states fuel pressure sensor was loose and was re-tightened per bulletin.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Jan 282015

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that while attempting to start the vehicle, the contact noticed fumes and a strong fuel odor emitting from the air vents. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel pressure sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 12V069000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 212014

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. While driving approximately 55 mph, the fuel gauge decreased and there was a fuel odor inside the vehicle. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Belmont , MS, USA

Feb 042014

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that the odor of fuel was present inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the defect was caused by a faulty fuel pressure sensor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect but no solution was offered. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in the NHTSA campaign number 12V069000 (fuel system, diesel). The contact stated that the vehicle experienced the same failure that was listed in the recall. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Black Diamond, WA, USA

Sep 112012

Juke 4-cyl

As I was coming to a stop at the approaching red light, my car completely cut off. It was not enough time to turn on hazards or signal any approaching cars so the car causing the car behind me to hit into the back of my bumper. The hit caused something to fall off the top of their car and make a small crack onto my driver tail light. The car stopped because it was completely out of gas, even though the gas meter read that there was more than a quarter tank of gas in the car. There was a recall on my vehicle for the fuel system not reading correctly, which I had my car taken into the Nissan dealership in July, where they spent 3 hours "correcting" the problem. However, the problem was not fixed correctly as having no gas in the car (even though the meter said I had gas) caused my car to stop in the middle of a busy street, which in turn caused my daughter and myself to become involved in a car accident.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 122012

Juke 4-cyl

The sending unit in the fuel tank failed stranding my 19 year old daughter in traffic during a storm with very poor visibility. This could have resulted in a multi-vehicle wreck with fatalities. Law enforcement arrived at the scene and directed traffic in the rain. The vehicle was towed to the dealership and repairs were made.

- Natchez, MS, USA