2.8

2012 Nissan Juke miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Juke:

2012 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Feb 252015

Juke

My 2012 Nissan Juke all began on Wednesday February 25, 2015 when I was beginning my morning. I went out to start my car, the same way I always do before I leave for work in the mornings. Ten minutes later when I walked outside my car was not running. I called a local mechanic who does house calls and asked if he could come over. He knew almost immediately that the timing chain had broken. He continued to run some tests and diagnostics and stated that there was no compression in the valves. I jumped right online only to find out to my horror that Nissan had issued a service campaign 6+ months earlier and I was never notified. I still was not concerned. I called the Nissan 800 number right away and the lady that worked with me was extremely helpful. She then put me in contact with kocourek Nissan. When I was connected, I explained what was going to the service center. The first thing perry informed me of was that if there was sludge in my oil, it would void my warranty. This made me extremely nervous. Once my vehicle was towed to kocourek Nissan, he called me again stating that he had not even had a chance to look at it yet, but needed to charge me $200 to get it on the path to diagnostics. Again perry was insistent on letting me know if there was sludge in the oil/oil pan it would most likely void my warranty. Again, a feeling of panic hits as I can already see where this going. When perry calls me back that evening he states that surprise, there is sludge in the oil/oil pan. But he was going to get everything over to Nissan and "fight for me". on Thursday February 26, 2015 perry calls me again and states that there is too much sludge, your warranty is void, and a new engine is about $5000. There is a timing chain that broke while engine was running. That would have junked that engine. I have the oil changed regularly.

- Rhinelander, WI, USA