3.0

2013 Nissan Juke engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Juke:

2013 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Jun 272016

Juke

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Juke. While driving at an unknown speed, an abnormal noise emitted under the hood of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that sludge was on the motor and the timing belt separated from the engine. The technician advised that the motor and timing belt needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 76,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 222016

Juke

I am very angry.. I wish I had done my research before purchasing my 2013 Nissan Juke. The extended warranty is a joke. My son and I were nearly in an accident on the highway due to the faulty turbo. The car began to decelerate and went from 65mph to below 20mph. Nissan is declining the claim. I even submitted proof of oil changes and etc... I have registered a complaint to Nissan since this has happened, I did research. Juke's from 2011-2014 have turbo issues. How can all these people be wrong?? the 1st time, happened in March. I took it in to the shop and they 'repaired" the car. Then it happened again. This time they are saying it is the turbo.. I registered a complaint with Nissan case #22368872 they said they will call me tomorrow. I need this resolved. It is very scary and dangerous.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 282015

Juke

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was not able to restart. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Oct 152015

Juke

My wife was driving about 70 mph, her Juke started losing power & service engine light soon came on. She took it to dealership they told her it would be covered under warranty. They next day or so said they were not going to cover under her gold extended warranty. The tech that installed a new turbo from factory said it was defective. They are refusing to cover under the warranty

- Lindale, TX, USA

May 212013

Juke

While parked in our driveway for more than 30 hrs, my 2013 Juke burst into flames. The fire dept did not find any evidence of arson or tampering and there was no weather occurrence to explain why it became engulfed in flames. The fire started in the engine compartment at 12:40am. Nissan has said that they examined the car and their technical specialist found " no evidence of a product problem, failure, or malfunction that may have caused or contributed to this incident". Nissan will not tell me why the car burned up, just they're not responsible. Why would a low milage, well maintained vehicle catch fire unless there was some kind of product failure? I was lucky that only property was damaged but I feel Nissan usa is not taking the incident seriously.

- Sacramento, CA, USA