2011 Nissan Leaf fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Leaf:

2011 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Sep 212015

Leaf

2011 Nissan Leaf, have taken it multiple dealers and done the update(s) required by Nissan, which actually made matters worse, regen is not working like had prior to the P3227 update. The biggest issue with the Nissan Leaf is the battery capacity and advertised claims. Currently charging 100% and getting less than 60 miles range. The warranty apparently after two class actions is 5 years 60,000 miles whichever comes first. All anyone at Nissan or the dealers can say is to wait until we drop the 9th bar. But from what the customer service rep told me, I needed to drop below 70%, which according to my calculations I have. But Nissan does Nissan math, each bar is weighted and the software update made adjustments that are mysterious to most. Nissan misrepresented the Leaf and with the poor battery chemistry failed to deliver as promised, and now these cars are practically being given away. Nissan does not cool the batteries properly and there could be a danger that they are not disclosing. This needs to be investigated further by NHTSA/dot

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Oct 242013

Leaf

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Leaf in September of 2012 from stadium Nissan in orange, California. I quickly learned that this vehicle was not built for my 69 mile commute(4.9 miles per kwh), but was able to adapt and make it work until a job change in October of 2013. My 10 year old son and I were rear ended shortly after our move to turlock, California. My Nissan Leaf held up very well to being rear ended at 45mph by a full sized Chevy Silverado; as I drove it away and the Chevy was totaled. My son and I both received concussions from the accident, and unfortunately he is still faced with memory loss. My Leaf was taken to alfred matthews collision center for repairs, and sent to central valley Nissan to have the batteries removed and reinstalled before and after the body repairs. The repairs took more than 2 months to complete, and my Leaf has never been the same. My Leaf will no longer get the 69plus freeway miles that I drove before the accident, and will now only get 40-50 city miles per charge (3.8 miles per kwh). I have taken my Leaf back to central valley Nissan at least 6 times in the last 8 months, and even had one of the two Nissan Leaf mechanics evaluate the issues. Aaa was willing and ready to total my Leaf based on this drastic performance issue, but they were told by central valley Nissan and the Leaf mechanic that my Leaf is performing within specifications for a 2011 Leaf with 35,000 miles. I find this hard to believe based on your epa estimates of 106 city / 92 highway (I am curious if other Leaf owners know that when their vehicle is 3 years old and has 35,000 miles; they will only get 40 miles per charge).

- Turlock, CA, USA