4.3

2012 Nissan Leaf miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Leaf:

2012 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Aug 272013

Leaf

I was driving my 2012 Nissan Leaf on my morning commute to work, about a mile away from freeway and 3 miles away from home where I started, the car gave a alarm beep, and started decelerating. I pressed the accelerator but the car did not respond to that. Noticed the dash saying "I key system fault" the car coasted to a stop. I quickly turned on my hazard lights and tried to turn off/on the car but it kept on saying "I key system fault", after a few minutes of trying this I decided to push the car into a driveway to not cause a traffic jam, here I tried multiple times to turn off /on the car but it did nothing happened, it behaved like that as over an hour and half, even the same way without the fob, eventually the car was towed to the shop still on and is still being looked at by the technicians there. Pretty scary to have the car behave like this while driving. Cant imagine what could cause this failure and what could have happened if I were on the freeway. Will try and update with what happens next with the car.

- San Ramon, CA, USA