2014 Nissan Leaf miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Leaf:

2014 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Mar 222014

Leaf

This is a general complaint about recent-model head rests. It is not limited to our car. I just want to say that I think someone at the transportation board is overly zealous in this. Most new cars today have the headrests very far forward. It seems as if the transportation board wants the headrest to touch the head. I do not like this. My head is jostled when the headrest touches my it. I think even one half inch away is too close, as then it touches my hair. The result of having it so far forward is that it pushes my head forward, towards my chin, and my neck and back hurts. And unintended consequence, I am sure, is that my wife and I push the seats forward and the back of the seats backwards. This helps to keep the headrest back a little bit. But, I then have to tilt my head forward to keep it vertical, so it still is a bit uncomfortable. I think you do not realize that if you make things too uncomfortable for people, they will find ways around it and negate your safety system. I just want you to know this. And, I hope you will correct the error and push headrest back in the near future.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA