9.7

2015 Nissan Leaf drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Leaf:

2015 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Jan 202015

Leaf

My 2015 Leaf S is 3 weeks old with less than 700 miles. I was descending an 8% grade hill in B mode with a sharp bend at the bottom. As I went to apply the brakes, the pedal went to the floor and B mode cut out. The car was now rolling down the hill and accelerating under gravity with no brakes and without B mode slowing the car. I was expecting to hit a brick wall at the bottom of the hill when suddenly, after no more than two seconds, the brakes and B mode came back on and I safely stopped. On reflection after the incident, it was as if the whole computer/electronics momentarily shut down and then rebooted. I didn't notice if the dash lights went off or not.

- Haiku, HI, USA