- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
- May 30: Canada, Japan and Australia Impacted By Takata Airbags
- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
1997 Nissan Maxima
Worst 1997 Maxima electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- car won't start intermittently3
- car stalls intermittently, while stopped1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator26
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood5
- NHTSA: Electrical System3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.