8.0

1. i asked for a replacement key and it was not made correctly (1 reports)
2000 Nissan Maxima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Maxima:

2000 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jan 212011

Maxima

I have a complaint against Gettel Nissan of Sarasota, FL. They made a replacement key for my vehicle and it was not made correctly, even though I paid over $150+. I didn't even use it until I bought my new car, another Maxima. I tried to start the old Maxima and it wouldn't start. I thought it was the battery or worse. I ended up paying for someone to try to jump the battery and then had to have it towed to my mechanic, several miles away. This was a significant expense. I did not know what was wrong, but the mechanic said it was either the key or the security module. It turned out to be the replacement key, which clearly had a defect in that the cover to the chip fell off and apparently it wouldn't work properly. Gettel of Sarasota did not produce a proper replacement key.

I took time out of my busy schedule to go to Gettel Nissan of Sarasota today, only to be told that I was one month off the warranty, which expired in Jan 2011. I saw the service manager, Charlie Apple, who would not stand behind his service department and replace the key, which was never used. I will never deal with this Nissan dealership again.

- , Bradenton, FL, USA