8.0

1. replaced seat belt (1 reports)
2000 Nissan Maxima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Maxima:

2000 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jun 162005

Maxima GLE

I have twin boys who were 7 years old at the time. One of the boys was sitting on the arm rest in the rear center of the car. When he unclipped his seat belt it somehow got twisted around him and we couldn't get it off. I turned off the car and the seat belt still wouldn't unlock. It kept retracting into the trunk and getting tighter and tighter around my son. No matter what I did I couldn't get the seat belt to give me any slack. I ran in the house, grabbed a pair of scissors and had to cut the seatbelt in order to get it off of him. SCARY! I have it in to be repaired right now so hopefully Nissan doesn't stick me with a bill for this. It should never have happened. Very dangerous. Be careful if you have small kids in this car!

- , Lakewood, CO, USA