2001 Nissan Maxima drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Maxima:

2001 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Nov 202014

Maxima 6-cyl

I've just got the car on Monday and today is the day I started driving it an it was perfectly fine until I was heading back home. I was coming around a turn an the car was like it was in neutral but it still was in drive so I pulled over an put the car in park and turned it off then back on. I've put it back in drive an pulled out back on the road. Little more down the road it was doing the same thing so I called the place I got the car from and was told to call tomorrow an setup a appointment to check out the car. Other then that the car is perfectly find. I just wanna know if there is any recalls or any recall on that particular problem. If you could please get back to me asap. Thank you one more thing, my aunty just got a brand new Nissan Altima and she has the same problem...

- Waianae , HI, USA

Jun 252001

Maxima

Speedometer is inoperative. Mileage reading is incorrect. Dealer contacted.

- Loudonville, OH, USA