- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
2003 Nissan Maxima
Worst 2003 Maxima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rattling and knocking sound from engine2
- car shuts off while driving1
- engine failure1
- rotten egg smell1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.