- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 59 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 69 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator blew3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.