- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 31 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 41 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 54 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 12 of 16)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 89,642 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: