- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 0 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 10 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 30 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 32 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 37 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- makes rattling noise when starting13
- loss of power, running rough6
- ticking noise coming from engine4
- engine turns over, won't start3
- makes high pitch whining noise3
- idles up and down2
- broken motor mount1
- cam position sensor failure1
- excessive oil consumption1
- shakes when idling1
- throttle body malfunction1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling48
- NHTSA: Engine41
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control37
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.